fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

I have one more set of brand new Genuine trims if anyone is intrested for £1200.

btw.

I have put the full size samle on. Bear in mind that sample is not in the best form as it was not secured well in the transport so you can see few waves/bends on.

30102015%20009_zpsnka66frx.jpg

30102015%20008_zpsri1lh0db.jpg

30102015%20007_zpsz6h0ambh.jpg

30102015%20006_zpsww0gnws5.jpg

30102015%20005_zpsadbknled.jpg

In my circumstances, it's mainly because while I'd love to put new roof trims on my G60, like others have said, they don't actually do anything apart from look nice, and for £600 I'd rather spend the money on more needed repairs!

As always, things are worth what people will pay, and if it was the only thing letting mine down I'd pay whatever they cost, realistically, however the roof trims are the least of my worries at the moment!

Karmannski are you taking orders yet?

no, I will once I have them with me.

But you can keep the money on the side, waiting.

Thank You

I can see that someone in Germany is also making repro trims, can any one tell about the quality of them etc?

I can see that they are just the rubbers with no aluminium support insight.

http://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/neue-corrado-dachleisten,-dachzierleisten-rechts-u-links/345685511-223-9062

anyway my trims will be here next week.

Edited by karmannski

I don't understand why members are getting so worked up over the price people ask for car parts (which are obsolete).

It reminds me when i used to get all worked up when friends tried to impress me with their expensive items. But Action men and Star Wars toys don't bother me anymore, i don't get jealous anymore, i've 'grown up' and learned to understand that people can afford things which i can't!

I needed and wanted as much cash as i could get for those Roof Mouldings. Putting aside all the bad press i got here (from some members), i did manage to sell them on 'Ebay', and surprisingly enough to a member here on Corrado.net!

Below is a Private Message i received from the buyer (I'm sure an Admin can verify it, and other messages i've received)...

15th July 2015

Hello Fitcy,

thanks mate for the roof strips,

they were delivered on Monday but unfortunately I was out, so collected the parcel on Tuesday morning

from my local Royal Mail sorting office.

Top notch service mate and the roof strips are spot on, nice one.

PS mate just ignore all the negative people / comments on here,

you do what you want to do.

Thanks again

XXXXXXX

There are people more than happy to pay for something they want!

An original obsolete item is far more expensive than a Chinese knock off!

And well done karmannski for all the hard work you put into this venture, you saved me the bother mate!

I think people get worked up over prices as we would all love to be able to buy parts for our cars to keep them looking good. Unfortunately most people are not rolling in money.

What glue did you use to fix the front and back fixings to the trim.

I think this will do the job, 3M scotch weld

I used it (not for roof trims) but I can recomend it, i think will work great for roof trims

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82652[/ATTACH]

Edited by tomi

Will be delivered coming Monday

Good news... Did you go for the 50 sets ? Hope not as I think you will have a demand and some people will miss out... I'd be interested in a set too... Is their a list yet.

I'm up for a set, maybe two. Subscribing to the thread.

I was informed that trims have arrived!

After return from work will open the boxes and see if they are ok.

karmannski.com is not up and running yet so will do it here.

I posted a link to these and some photos in the Corrado Club Deutschland E.V. public group on Facebook as well as BurnalltheCorrados. You know, trying to get the word out and help other Owners.

What a poo storm that unleashed!

No probs with BurnalltheCorrados. But the Germans got right upset. Their guy Andreas is already making these and he's right miffed!

Let the market decide I say. His are more expensive but come with endcaps. I'm all for supporting you as a fellow Corrado.net member and for all the effort you've put into the order.

I also think he's making quite a large margin @ €220 plus €12 postage (inside Germany). But that's just my opinion. I don't know his overheads. Maybe they cost a lot to make. Obviously there should be profit in it to cover the guys time but I think €150 would be more fair. IMO

Edited by MikeVR6