fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

Hi, I have a brand new set of corrado roof trims, still in sealed packaging. A couple of years ago i bought these for my Storm, they were the last set in stock. I sold the Storm back then, and kept the strips for my G60.

I won't take love nor money for them so please don't ask. But what i'm willing to do is try find a company who will copy them. If anyone can give me information to a reliable and trustworthy company to do it, i will give them a free set of trim when they are made, trust me, i will, I did a group buy a couple of years back, hopefully every member who was involved can vouch for me.

If a member knows of a company please pm me rather than broadcast it incase it may not be legal to do, i'll have to look into that aswell.

here are photos of the trims

Radorooftrim1_zpseab23846.jpg

Radorooftrim3_zpsee6858e5.jpg

Radorooftrim4_zps95659d4e.jpg

Radorooftrim2_zps013cb00c.jpg

Wasnt anna from vw heritage looking into this might be worth asking where she is up to

think she has a few project on the go including a carpet set. others have looked into it also

So nice to see someone interested in helping the forum / community out rather than making some easy money, as these would be a very easy sale no matter the price. It's appreciated!

Hopefully we can get something together to get these elusive parts duplicated as they're on a lot of Corrado owners shopping lists!

its actually quite a tricky piece to get made, i've been looking into this for a while and have spoken to quite a few companies both UK and abroad. Not giving up on it though, so hopefully between our efforts we should be able to get a solution!

I should think that it would be a lot easier to get the constant-section strip made separately, and that is the bit that deteriorates along the edge so is the part we all need. It could then be cut to length from a long production batch and the double-sided adhesive tape applied. It would then be farly easy for the purchaser to use a suitable adhesive to join the strip to the original back part (and front maybe) at the change of section. That should make the production process much cheaper and more attractive to a potential manufacturer.

Best wishes

RB

Googled the part number and appears you may be able to buy them from the US, although a website saying they have them and them actually having them are different things.

fitcy good idea but bit late, as the new batch of them is on the way. So better sale them now as they still good in value.

Got few samples to show here. short one is ( 18yrs old genuine trim) darker and longer smaple made by us.

They look good karmannski, have you had the end caps reproduced too?

yes all ready to start production just need to do some tests before.

Should be available this year.

yes all ready to start production just need to do some tests before.

Should be available this year.

excellent news karmannski!

im sure we are all waiting excitedly :)

I will hold my horses for now with the price...

I think that it be around 100- 150 quid per set possibely delivered. Hard to tell at this stage.

Will try to make the price as low as possible. But this project costed me an smal $$$

fitcy good idea but bit late, as the new batch of them is on the way. So better sale them now as they still good in value.

Got few samples to show here. short one is ( 18yrs old genuine trim) darker and longer smaple made by us.

Well there you go, nice one karmannski. Mine aren't for sale mate, i was just going to do the club a favour with them.

Hi Jim and Jonathan, hows your bonnet heat shield holding out?

I will hold my horses for now with the price...

I think that it be around 100- 150 quid per set possibely delivered. Hard to tell at this stage.

Will try to make the price as low as possible. But this project costed me an smal $$$

Excellent stuff, prepare to be extremely busy and wealthy by Christmas then.

I will let you know guys once they will be ready to be purchase.

fitcy - very nice of you - respect. I have waisted one brand new and 2 old trims to get it right.

Luckly there is no need any more and you can keep them.

Well there you go, nice one karmannski. Mine aren't for sale mate, i was just going to do the club a favour with them.

Hi Jim and Jonathan, hows your bonnet heat shield holding out?

Still in a cupboard lol ill get round to fitting them one day