clumpy1

Guy Martin's Volvo

I think it's awesome. And you two are gimps. :fondle:

You my man are a Legend totally appreciate your comment's :thumbleft:

Fastest car in GB according to the accurate newspaper that is the Daily Mail. Pinch of salt and all that.

Cool car though and I'd have one!

Ha ha ha yeah like the daily mail EVER get their facts right or even provide any tangible evidence to support the cr4p they constantly spout LOL

that said i like the car

Did you watch the vid trouncing the Ferrari 458?

Not really what I would call a trouncing :D Considering the Volvo is 220hp more powerful, the Ferrari wasn't far behind it at all.

It's a lovely looking Volvo though and even with 100hp it'd still be ice cool. It just looks daft going up against a 458, let alone something like an F12.

Great looking car, sod the speed. Off the shelf you can buy an ariel atom that's quicker 0-60

Plus, what's with the rolling start? If it's a 3.0 sec to 60 car why not a proper drag?

Just a case of "hey look someone in the news has an old fast car that looks pretty, must be fastest car in britain". Absolutely stunning car and an awesome machine, but another reason why newspaper articles get on my nerves for writers knowing sod all, but it has done exactly what was required - all publicity is good publicity.

Great looking car, sod the speed. Off the shelf you can buy an ariel atom that's quicker 0-60

Plus, what's with the rolling start? If it's a 3.0 sec to 60 car why not a proper drag?

GTBoard mate. They always do rolling starts.

GTBoard mate. They always do rolling starts.

That's interesting. I wonder what they're trying to prove? I guess in a real world situation you're unlikely to pull up at the lights with a 458 and have a drag race. Be interesting to see a VRT versus some more modern speed machines. Maybe won't win but interesting anyway.

That's interesting. I wonder what they're trying to prove? I guess in a real world situation you're unlikely to pull up at the lights with a 458 and have a drag race. Be interesting to see a VRT versus some more modern speed machines. Maybe won't win but interesting anyway.

I dunno, I get the impression it's a rich boy's play channel. They're always doing Veyrons vs something else exotic on their channel. Lots of boys with lots of money. Meh.

As you say, a standing start would have been more telling because let's face it, no matter how much power the Vulva's got, it's gonna get pasted off the line by the 458's launch and traction controls.

im sured that was built by a guy that was an engineer for koenigsegg,who did know a thing or 2 about making a car go.it was featured in ppc a couple of years ago it's running a 6 cyl dohc volvo motor.i know what you mean about the ferrari but i dont think the volvo would be that heavy and i think it's running a solid axel so set up right will launch well.

Yeah it was definitely built in Sweden, I remember the same article in PPC. From a standing start, my money would be on the 458 to 100mph. If it went up against something of it's equal, bhp wise, like an F12 or LaFerrari, the Vulva would lose big time. We've all been there, making slow cars much faster with turbos or conversions, but a fast car is fast for other reasons, not just the engine.