Rocket Ron

Mk 3 Golf GTI 288mm Calipers and carriers

Hi

I'm after some 288mm calipers from a Mk 3 Golf GTI with the carriers for my vr corrado conversion have already got the discs.

Calipers

Pat No 3A0615123 Lh

Pat No 3A0615124 Rh

Carriers

Pat No 4A0615125A x 2

Live in Portsmouth

I've got plenty of these - £50 posted to you for a set. £35 for the calipers and £15 P&P due to the weight. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

Tom

I've got multiple sets of 288's and 312's. They're all in good usable condition with decent seals but can be refurbed if you want to. I can get some pictures if you really want but I'll just pick out the best set for you if you're going to bolt them straight on.

Cheers Tom

Car is of the road now for the winter in process of stipping down got discs and going to replace the bearings as well. I gather they are OEM aswell would appreciate pic of the best you have.

Ron

Any pictures yet mate of calipers. Prob looking at purchasing in new year. You know what it is like with christmas coming up.

Edited by Rocket Ron

I've got some calipers and I believe sean jaymo has some carriers if tom cant sort you out.

I've got plenty of these - £50 posted to you for a set. £35 for the calipers and £15 P&P due to the weight. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

Tom

Hi

I have the lovely grinding sound coming from my rear brakes when reversing - if I understand correctly the MK3 calipers will resolve this? - is it just these I need - or do I need to replace other parts i.e. discs, pads.

Do the calipers come with the carriers? - do they need much refurb?

Not tat mechanical myself so will have to get a garage to do the work for me - Ouch more expense!

Thanks very much

Chuggs

It's mk4 rear calipers used for upgrade chuggs. Discs and pads not strictly necessary, but worth replacing if your doing the calipers. There's a thread in the wiki section with part numbers of what's needed.

Thanks Sean will take a look the wiki - to be honest the grinding isn't bad and is intermittent but has bad habit of happening only when someone is walking by as I reverse Lol! So may well be worth doing in the not too distant future - and will I think look cosmetically better too!

Hi now the festive fun has finished I'm still after some 288mm calipers and carriers from a Mk 3 Golf GTI for my vr corrado conversion have already got the discs.

Calipers

Pat No 3A0615123 Lh

Pat No 3A0615124 Rh

Carriers

Pat No 4A0615125A x 2

If you live near could colect I live in the Portsmouth area.

In the final stages of refurbishing a set of 288mm calipers waiting for new seal kit from the stealers £18 + vat each now gone up from orig (£12)on forum.

However had quote for OEM brake hoses pick me off the floor @ over £35 each ouch.

Any other suppliers of good hoses would be appreciated

I used the goodridge braided hoses but they are more than that - full set of 6 for front an drear are 115 - think the front only are around 50 ish maybe 55