mic_VR

Pre Christmas mini meet

Earlier on I was chatting with Sean_Jaymo about meets next year and we thought it might be nice to see if anyone was interested in a pre Christmas mini meet.

We're thinking somewhere in the Peterborough area and we've not set a date yet but probably going to be an evening unless I can get a free afternoon on a weekend.

Sound like something folks might like? Post up your interest and we can try to arrange something.

Would depend on when but I'd try and make it over mate! A weeknight is unlikely as it's quite a trek but a weekend is a possible :)

I'm easy myself and a weekend afternoon is more likely to attract the numbers but I do appreciate having a family and the run up to Christmas will make life difficult for some.

Thinking about it more an afternoon would be less pressure. I'll try to sort out my free time.

Wish my girl was on the road then I'd come. I'm hoping to have her back in the new year. She's having an auto-manual conversion so in the mean time I'm practising my manual box usage (which was a little lax) on a MK3 GTI and she ain't pretty enough to bring to a Corrado meet :D

Poor thing's been lowered and ragged I think. It needs to last me 6 weeks. Although I'm hoping my C will be back before then!

I'm going to start the ball rolling and suggest next Sunday, the 14th December, as a starting point.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

14th might be tricky for me as I'm meant to be in Germany that weekend. Could possibly do this sunday 7th, but I appreciate that's a bit short notice.

There is a vw meet at the Botolph Arms this Sunday at 2pm in Peterbrough :-) can have a meet there :-)

Well her who must be obeyed has confirmed I should be good for Sunday 7th. Other than that I might need to be an evening meet for me unfortunately.

Haha her who must be obeyed, love it!!

I was only allowed to the Peterborough meet in the summer because she was out! :lol:

Think a night meet would be a no go for me to be honest.. it's the better part of two hours for me to get to Peterborough from Coventry and can't get too enthused about that on a Sunday winters night :( I was starting to waver anyway so I think that helps make up my mind :)

How about a 1300ish meet. Gives a few hours for some lunch and chat before the light goes and allows people to travel back before the usual Sunday night traffic kicks in.

1 works for me...the vw meet starts at 2 so allows us to have some food before they arrive :-)