Mawrick

Any of you guys Commdore/C64/Amiga guys back in the days?

Personally still owns a few of these machines and use them from time to time - but was wondering if there is any of you other Corrado guys out there that where Commodore guys back in the days when computing where fun :)

Any fond memory's feel free to share.....:)

Personally had a great day when I exchanged a 486DX2-66+vga monitor pc for a Amiga 4000+1942 Monitor :) lol....(in the days the DX2-66 still packed some "punch" in those days standards.....:)

Made in 1983 so remember and had all of them at some point. That was a different times. Better times I'd say :)

Made in 1983 so remember and had all of them at some point. That was a different times. Better times I'd say :)

definitely better times I have to say (maybe we'r just getting old haha (77 model myself) - but can't imagine computing is same type of "fun" today......even though I'm still interested in computers and such......just seem much more fun back in the days....:)

I remember playing Stunt Car Racer on a friends Amiga. I guess it must have been one of the first times I ever played a game with '3D' graphics. I think it was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen. Can remember like sitting in the chair leaning left and right with every corner, and generally being way too excited about it all.

Last post got blocked?????

Anyway, great machine, I also have an acorn electron in the box in the loft.

first computer was an Atari ST 520 1/2 mgbit it had the brand new format ........a floppy disk drive....outrun, lemmings & super hang on was the games i played LOL

i must be a bit younger than you guys LOL

Have a good friend who has loads of old computers and games consoles . Vic 20 zx spectrum bbc Atari etc he also has over 150 mobile phones . Remember the old brick that was huge cost about 3 grand when they came out . He moved house last year . And we ended up setting the zx spectrum up . And started playing manic minor . Was well funny . And as for it being better ? I don't know . But kids have come too house bound now . What's up with going down the park for a game of football . It's all beebo fb etc now .

Ahh jet set willy, Dan dare, i used to set the tape player up and wait till the coloured line screen then go play over the park with my mate for 30 mins to come back and find the game had crashed!

The good old days, I think I had just about every console up to the 360 slim, import dreamcast, neo geo etc but I must be getting old as I still haven't plunged for a ps4 but have just bought my lad a wii u and am now playing the first zelda on it, (remember the gold game cartridge;-))

Had all the Commodore computers, they were the puppies dangly bits at the time. State of the art graphics for it's time.

indeed those were the good old days! Had a vic20 and an Amiga 500 with cbm colour monitor (with an Amstrad 464 in between). Traded the 500 in for a 500+ when they came out. Still got it sat on my desk but haven't started it in a few years now. Even bought the hard drive - 20mb for £350 :shock:. It was definitely an interesting time for home computing. Eventually caved in though and got full tower pc with a 486DX2-66, and its been downhill ever since.

We had a Dragon 32. (Just before the company went bust and you could no longer buy the games.) Played loads of great games on a mate's Electron though.

I've still got a dragon 32 in the loft somewhere. Don't think it ever actually worked though...

still got my amiga under my bed, don't think anything bar the ps1 has impressed me as much the first time I saw it in action, that includes the ps4. Speedball 2, lemmings, shadow of the beast, and all those amazing demos

Had both a 500 and 1200 Amiga. Remember Eye of the Beholder and The Bards Tale and innumerable other games. Desert Island Dizzy was another favourite. Probably the most addictive thing was the original Lemmings. The urge to finish a level before going to bed, then when it was complete just have a wee quick look at the next level and so forth till the sun coming up and the birds starting to sing reminded you a couple of hours kip would be a good idea.

i had a C64 and an amiga 500 - the latter of which is in my parents loft along with boxes of hundreds of games! i thinkn about setting it up now & then but think my old quickshot joysticks are broken & im unsure where to get a replacement (maybe i could just swap the microswitch like we used to lol)

IIRC the C64 came with Zaxxon which was a very erly shoot em up

agree Lemmings was superb Wullie! i had a christmas special version where they were all wearing little santa outfits & the background was all fairy lights & snowmen etc

personal amiga favourite/s were:

super cars 2

mega-lo-mania

monkey island 1 & 2

damn it im gona have to go up in the parents loft very soon!

indeed those were the good old days! Had a vic20 and an Amiga 500 with cbm colour monitor (with an Amstrad 464 in between). Traded the 500 in for a 500+ when they came out. Still got it sat on my desk but haven't started it in a few years now. Even bought the hard drive - 20mb for £350 :shock:. It was definitely an interesting time for home computing. Eventually caved in though and got full tower pc with a 486DX2-66, and its been downhill ever since.

That's very similar to my progress of home computing...Like the part at the end, tonytiger, "down hill ever since"..