Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

G60 - Blown Charger - How much??

Found a G60 with a blown supercharger. Dont know the milage of the car but for arguments sake we'll say around average 120-130,000.

Car is in very good condition, no other mechanical faults. Full service history (I think!)

How much do you reckon its worth?

A replacement charger (if needed) is about £800 odd? so that obviously is the amount that needs knocked off the price (at least) due to its problems.

£?

really after a wee project

timo

Depends where you look around, but yeah, £800 would get you a freshly rebuilt charger from Darren (I *think* - best PM to be sure!) or even one of those brand new units from eBay that kongo127 occasionally links to in the eBay and Misc forum! Like this one at just under £800 :)

Is everything else OK - has it had the engine inspected for g-lader remains, and had the intercooler cleaned out, etc?

I want to know haw much the car is worth in its present state! Sorry didn't make that clear enoug

Timo.

he says the car still starts so it cant be too bad. Still it would be interesting if he knows what has gone in the charger

ta

timo

Its a 'J' reg, so thats a 1991? i think. Totally standard. Was kept in a garage before this guy got it. Pretty mint by the sounds and looks of it.

Its nugget yellow, hence my heavy interest!!! 8)

Timo

Its a 'J' reg, so thats a 1991? i think. Totally standard. Was kept in a garage before this guy got it. Pretty mint by the sounds and looks of it.

Its nugget yellow, hence my heavy interest!!! 8)

Timo

J-reg is August 1991-July 1992 :wink:

Ooooh... yella :D

Its hard to guess a price mate... its really how much you think its worth, really, and whether he wants to let it go for a silly price. I've heard of people picking up complete G60's off people who 'just wanted rid of it' for £750... but I guess he could realistically want up to around £2500 if all it needs is a new charger.

You coooullld try and bullsh1t him a bit with the VW dealer price of a new charger, which is probably around £1500 before labour :)

I'd say its worth next to nothing as a car in its current state as its like buying a car with no MOT or history, you could get a good one but more likely you will have to spend alot of money sorting it out.

I would base the value on what you could realistically get for it if you were to break it, I'd say a grand tops.

Yellow, oh aii 8)

I was thinking about £1500 quid for the charger, well that was the fiqure I want to knock of the price.

Emm, the car is on ebay actually. Didn't want to say that cos I dont want all you lot out bidding me and stealing my dream :p:p Na, just kdding. Have a look and tell me what you think. Emailed the guy a load of questions yesturday but haven't had a reply.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

cheers

Timo.

Hm.. what a coincidence. A cone filter on that there popped g-lader........

Good luck goin for it mate. But don't throw too much money at it.. as Steve said, it could have a lot more wrong with it and waiting to go wrong!

i wouldn't pay too much over £1k for it......maybe £1.5k at a push only after having a proper gander at it

cheers guys. cheaper than what I thought, but i suppose it could be a disaster. For the sake of a grand its worth the risk surely!! Need to find out the reserve of the ebay auction.

ta

Timo

Now Darren, that's someones baby your talking about :mrgreen:

I'd have gone to a grand and brought a boroscope home from work to avoid taking the head off. Not the cheapo one for looking at valves, one like you see on those nasty operating theatres on telly. :cry:

I reckon a grand is safe, you could break it for more money if it turns out to be a no goer.

Gavin

I reckon a grand is safe, you could break it for more money if it turns out to be a no goer.

Gavin

or (much as it pains me to say this)....ENGINE TRANSPLANT time........20VT or TDi :wink:

or (much as it pains me to say this)....ENGINE TRANSPLANT time........20VT or TDi

Theres something about Yellow C's and 20VT's 8)

its met its reserve already :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The guy obviously doesn't want too much for it!!! Shame I dont know his phone number. Could make him a nice offer before it goes pear shaped. I want this car!!!!! :twisted:

ta

Timo.

Email him and see if you can cut a deal. He doesn't mention that he will but you never know. Bid him with your head not your heart. :lol:

Depends where you look around, but yeah, £800 would get you a freshly rebuilt charger from Darren (I *think* - best PM to be sure!) or even one of those brand new units from eBay that kongo127 occasionally links to in the eBay and Misc forum! Like this one at just under £800 :)

Is everything else OK - has it had the engine inspected for g-lader remains, and had the intercooler cleaned out, etc?

That was nice Jim! 8)

By the way... nobody bidded on that charger!

There is still the chance to get it mate! :)

Heh.. thanks but, if I had £800, it'd be going on Speedline Comp2's ;)

Oh well. It went for £1500. That was my ceiling price and I thought it would have gone for less. There was only 2 people bidding in the last 15 minutes. Me and this other dude that got it. I would have be gutted today if I had got it for 1500 cos I didn't want to spend that much. So all in all pleased generally, but I was really looking forward to getting my hands dirty on a g60 instead of my vr for a change. Nevermind, wasn't meant to be!

Oh, it had 122k on the clock which wasn't too bad!

Thanks for all your input

Timo.