delfinis38

Vr alternator belt....

I'd avoid Dayco as mine only lasted on my valver for about 2 months. I replaced it with a Continental which was a bit chunkier and no issues since.

I use continental

My thoughts too.... Now to find a cheap one.... It's slightly dearer as I have air co. So longer and double sided.

Yeah another thumbs up for continental - they're the OE manufacturer too :) Should still be available from VW..

Got mine from ecp. Continental. Ecp were the only ones keeping an air con belt in stock. Bought two in fact so if you don't have any joy give me a shout.

Got mine from ecp. Continental. Ecp were the only ones keeping an air con belt in stock. Bought two in fact so if you don't have any joy give me a shout.

Cheers.. Euro car parts only stock dayco, which is a bit crafty as they show a picture of a conti belt on their website.... Theirs a few on ebay. But quite wary how old they are... Even though they say new I guess they are like tyres and the rubber goes off in time.... Halfords stock them but forty odd notes which is twice the price...

Think I'm looking for 7dpk1360

Gates all the way

Never heard of gates until today... Vwspares stock them... It seems conti belts a thin on the ground to buy.

I've always used Gates belts. Used to work in their testing facility. Conti are the only other belts I'd consider using.

Are you suggesting gates are better than continental ? You seem to be the man in the know. Not worried about price just the best Quality i can buy.

I don't think you can go too far wrong with either of them. Just I've always used Gates belts even before working there and I've never had any issue with them.