Jim

Practical Classics Restoration Show at the NEC - 28/29 March 2015

Thought I should make a thread for this already as there isn't one yet. Been up at the NEC this morning dropping off and giving the Corrado a clean after it was recently re-taxed and re-insured.

If you're heading up for a day be sure to pop by and say hello :)

I'll try and take some more pictures over the weekend!

edit - first few pics moved down into post below. Cheers.

looking nice jim!!!

pity the gf is working as we are only down the road on m42 jnct 3

edit: i missed out the 'ooooo shiny!!!' lol

Good from afar.. just don't get too close. Stone chip city, rust, overspray.. you name it, she's got it :( It wasn't my intention to put my car on the club stand at all.. but again I think because of the time of year, and commitment for the car to be in the hall on Friday and not moved again until Sunday, not many members are willing to volunteer their cars :( Basically the same for all of the cars on there this year.

I'm going to try and make a real push for folks wanting to show their cars for the one in November however.

Your car looks in mint condition there Jim, would love to have taken the storm but the show is a couple of weeks early. MOT isn't till Monday.

Handful of pictures from today.

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

Cheers.

And a few more from today for you all.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

Cheers.

It was good to meet you today Jim, and finally start putting some faces to names!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81224[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81223[/ATTACH]

Likewise :) Hope to see you at some events in the coming year.

Great pics Jim , thanks for posting .

2nd that. That's difficult light to get nice contrast with.

Jim, I can't promise anything because I seem to be living my life on a merrygoround just waiting to see where I land when it throws me off but.. My 16v is in for a respray right now and should be looking fantastic in November so get hold of me nearer the time if you need a car for the stand.

Thanks for the positive comments on the pictures. After years of being stuck in the stone age camera wise for the last decade or so, decided just in time for the weekend to splurge on a decent digital SLR - I think it's rekindled an interest in picture taking as I *really* enjoyed having a camera again which can take good pictures so I look forward to taking and sharing more pictures from events / meets in the future. I've had experience with D-SLR's in the past so was able to get right back into the manual settings, etc which helped me get some OK pictures I think!

In terms of cars.. well, it's my intention to gauge interest on the way out of the summer and into autumn for the club stand and try advertise it and get some really good examples of cars to put on the stand in time for November. So if your car is ready and you're able to drop it off Thursday and not need it again until Sunday evening (such is the commitment required for the Classic Car Show) then we'd be keen on seeing it! And it'd be good to get a 16v on the stand as all we ever seem to end up with is VR's! :)

Didn't take that many pics, and of relatively poor quality as I just discovered on transferring the pics to my PC (reset of phone default resolution etc.), but anyway, here they are:

pcrs1.jpg

pcrs2.jpg

pcrs3.jpg

pcrs4.jpg

pcrs5.jpg

Tempest