carrots

ap coilovers

Cheers Jim, will drop DPM a line and get them ordered.

Got my top mounts and rear mounts delivered this afternoon as well so all good.

I need to give him a ring before the end of the day!

All done and ordered ! Let me know Jim when you get yours. :thumbleft:

Just paid as well. Damian says anyone else wanting a set at this price, he's happy to do it for Corrado Forum members :)

Ordered top mounts and various bolts, etc from AVS earlier today and they've already been dispatched. Great bunch to deal with every time!

Ordered top mounts and various bolts, etc from AVS earlier today and they've already been dispatched. Great bunch to deal with every time!

Got mine from AVS, fronts with bearings and rear set. Very good service.

Ditto :) Hoping to get them on the car over the next couple of weeks sometime, subject to getting some help from Tempest :)

Ditto :) Hoping to get them on the car over the next couple of weeks sometime, subject to getting some help from Tempest :)

Nice one Jim, i wish there was someone local to me who could give me some help as well.

Put out a South Yorkshire SOS - sure someone would be willing to come pitch in! :) Alternatively I don't think changing suspension is especially labour intensive on a Corrado so it wouldn't be a bank busting amount at a garage to get it done.

Put out a South Yorkshire SOS - sure someone would be willing to come pitch in! :) Alternatively I don't think changing suspension is especially labour intensive on a Corrado so it wouldn't be a bank busting amount at a garage to get it done.

Tis true, very easy job. Made easier for a garage if you remove the parcel shelf supports too, and shouldn't take them longer than an hour or so provided you have all correct parts needed.

Tis true, very easy job. Made easier for a garage if you remove the parcel shelf supports too, and shouldn't take them longer than an hour or so provided you have all correct parts needed.

Agree. I did it myself and it didn't take too long. Worse bit is getting the nut of the top mounts where a windy gun comes in very handy.

Ray1965 where do you live mate? I'm at Aston SY and happy to help in between having my kids. ..I've had my suspension off the car 3 times in the last year, although not coilovers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ray1965 where do you live mate? I'm at Aston SY and happy to help in between having my kids. ..I've had my suspension off the car 3 times in the last year, although not coilovers

Cressa i'm in Rotherham so not too far away from you. Thanks for your offer will see what happens later in the week, as i'm working this weekend.

Coil overs now fitted to the car. Running a bit high for now let them settle for a few miles, and then will adjust to around 30/40mm.

Have you driven it yet? How does it feel? Did you just tackle fitment of them yourself?

Have you driven it yet? How does it feel? Did you just tackle fitment of them yourself?

Hi JIm, Yes i was involved a bit but got one of my lads mates to fit them. No issues atall. Was a big help having the new top mounts as well. Took about 20 mins a side.

Like i said in other post they are set high to settle in. Ride is not bad up to now, bit hard going over pot holes when you cant avoid them on the rear, front is quite good.

Having said that my rears were well beyond good as they were leaking oil so the ride was crap anyway so really cant compare.

I'll keep you posted JIm when i get them set up to the correct height. let me know when you get yours on your car.

I've got a set on my E39 BMW and they're really good. I clean and re-wax them annually as they don't have the Inox coating like the KWs (even though KW actually own AP now). Ride quality is good though. They're too soft to run mega low on my application. The springs just aren't stiff enough. But the damping's good and they've been 100% reliable (mine's an M-Sport)

A lot of effort and wrestling around under the car, and I got the rear suspension on yesterday afternoon. Few gremlins along the way. Firstly the new bolts I bought from VW Spares, which bolt the bottom of the damper to the rear beam, were much shorter than the ones currently on the car - probably because I have an uprated (Eibach) ARB fitted so I had to re-use the existing nuts and bolts which I didn't really want to do.

Secondly the AP coilovers come with two nuts on the thread at the top, but you need three to fully re-assemble the whole washer/mount/plate type assembly from what I can tell, but the ones on the AP have an '04' stamped on them, and the nuts on my existing Bilstein dampers have '05' stamped on them - so they don't fit on. So I'm one short on either side. Going to have to try and find another nut from somewhere. But this is only for the last little metal plate that sits on top of the top mount, so can't see how it'd be important / needed.

Hopefully going to do the fronts later this week.

Had half a day off today (and off tomorrow) so was determined to make more progress today and get the fronts swapped over. Had to throw in the towel after a few hours as I couldn't get that top nut on the strut to shift despite having a 22mm socket with a cut out in the side - just simply couldn't apply enough counter force with an allen key to release it, as it must have been air-gunned up :(

Going to try and pick up a cheap impact driver this evening (connects to a car battery) and give it another go tomorrow. Frustrating. Will have ended up costing me more in tools than the labour would have cost for a garage to do the work now I think.

I bought a cheap 240v impact gun in the end to do mine too Jim. Thought sod it, it'll come in handy further down the line I anyway. Was only about £50 iirc

I'm off to pick up one from Machine Mart later:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cir13c-1-2in-impact-wrench-kit-12v/

As my lockup garage doesn't have electricity and I can't stomach spending £150+ for a decent cordless, I'm hoping this might just have enough grunt. God knows though! Reviews say it's handled wheel nuts that were over-tightened so fingers crossed.

Slip a piece of pipe over the allen key to give more leverage - the allen key needs to be a good quality one.

I found an angled spanner and the Allen key worked with some leverage.