delfinis38

Chris Evans 3 year top gear deal..

Nope. Topgear is done they should let it go gracefully.

Evans is going to be rubbish. IMO.

I'll watch it, got to be better than Downton Abbey?

It will never be as good as top gear with the three plebs at the helm.

I was at one of the clarkson, hamming and may live shows and they mentioned about "maybe" seeing them on another show. Really hope so

Should be a win..An extra car programme almost guaranteed as the other 3 will most likely do their own show somewhere else.

I don't dislike Chris Evans but I just think Top Gear should have been put out to pasture. That is unless it goes back to being more for proper car nuts, and a bit less cocking around.. as it was starting to get a bit formulaic!

I like Chris Evans too, just hope they don't put Jodie Kidd on with him. She is an irritating ****

I agree they should go more on the cars.

After this weekend just gone, I'm seeing TFIGear

Live music and Ferrari's sounds good to me.

I like Evans, I think he is a very good presenter so long as he does not go mental again

I like Evans too, to be honest, although I think he's better on the radio.

I do agree with Top Gear being put out to pasture though, it's been more about dicking about than it has been about cars for years.

I'm afan of Chris Evans, think he's turned radio 2 round. However as others suggest think they should knock the top gear thing on the head... Hopefully it will be rebranded and head down the classic car super car route.

If he can read a script and talk copious amounts of sh*te for an hour then he'll fit the bill perfectly. That programme is in a league of it's own when it comes to innacurate and blatant made up info it shouldn't be even allowed.

I would watch it if it was a a proper car show with proper car people with past experience in racing in some format.

I think he will do alright, I don't mind him and at least he appears passionate about cars.

People will watch it, it may not be the people that have been watching but Im sure it will be popular. Changing the format slightly would be help with a change as well as naturally everyone will associate back to the old one if they keep it the same.

I think he will do alright, I don't mind him and at least he appears passionate about cars.

People will watch it, it may not be the people that have been watching but Im sure it will be popular. Changing the format slightly would be help with a change as well as naturally everyone will associate back to the old one if they keep it the same.

Guess it will be like when he took over from Wogan on radio 2... He had a lot of negative comments... But he soon turned round the morning show.

I like Chris Evans too, just hope they don't put Jodie Kidd on with him. She is an irritating ****

I agree they should go more on the cars.

Have to agree Chris.

I hate to be a bit negative about all this but I don't think Guy Martin will be suitable either.

I appreciate that he's very good at certain things, and I enjoy a lot of shows that he's in but not on a scripted show. Get him talking about something he's interested in and he's engaging but he needs to be allowed to just talk.

In my opinion they need to just finish it altogether. Maybe start a new car/motors based show with these presenters but let the TopGear element go. It's going to require a full format change so why keep the title as well, just start afresh.

I agree, guy on his own is great. But only when he is talking about welding or something else that gets him going. Cars? Not really what you associate him with.

Oh dear, the BBC are just so desperate to keep the cash cow going, Chris Evans tv days were over long ago and he was pretty annoying then, it should definitely just be consigned to history.

It's amusing seeing Guy Martin being constantly being linked to TG. I mean in what world do the two resonate together. Guy's not a tv presenter, he can barely string a sentence together. He's an engineer who's best left to doing factual, hands on programming. Your not going to sling um in some make up and have him interview some moron trying to plug their latest film, song, or book on some mindless entertainment show.

Chris evens is an expert in dumbed down tv and radio, he fits the bill perfectly. And will keep the x factor and hollyoaks crews tuned in to help ratings.

oh dear - doubt I will be watching top gear again in the future....well, apart from the repeats on dave

If it's about cars I don't care who does it and it's funny too but Chris Harris could do the driving as that's what he can do plus he likes to mess about too. But like I said if it's about cars I will watch it