charliemcdonald

New to the forum.

Hi I'm charlie

From Livingston in Scotland. New to the forum and just bought my second corrado

This one's better than my first one a few year back right enough.

It's a 2.0 8v. Black with full leather on a N reg. Think it's lived it's life for the last few years in Cornwall. I bought it from a boy in Bo'ness that took it in part ex for a caddy 20vt.

Love the car, everything bar the heated seats work. Needs a head liner an a n/s fog light. Structurally and mechanical seems spot on. Paintwork needs tlc but no major rust patches. We are in the middle of converting my little brothers mk1 golf to a 20vt and fancied buying a corrado to do the same.

Looking forward to having a good look through the forum seeing your car's and might even be picking your brains at some point.

Charlie

Welcome along mate, I have a breaker(2 actually) and one still has the headlining in it, I'll check the condition tomorrow. Close enough to collect as well :)

Cheers for the welcome folks ☺

Aye it has a sunroof buddy.

Cheers Easy. I will keep that In mind, I emptied my pockets buying the car last Thurs. So need to build up funds again before committing to buying anything. Fog light not being there bugs me more than the head lining if I'm honest. Handy your in Glasgow tho

Oh well - I was going to say you're in luck if it doesn't have a sunroof - ;) - as most of them break. Best of luck with the new purchase - someone should be able to sort you out with a fog light handily enough!

Thanks fendervg.

The headlining was taken out to repair the sunroof to my knowledge buddy. Wasn't put back in place and never came with the car when I bought it. I see plenty pre 92 fog lights for sale but the price of the later than 92 is quite a difference as yous will no doubt know yourselves.

Why is that?

Edited by charliemcdonald

No easy answer to that one mate, the late ones are glass(think early ones are too)and are bonded into the plastic housing unit that holds the indicator.I guess the late ones break easier than the early ones? Long since obsolete(I think)so now becoming rarer and more expensive.

Possibly available new through classic parts......I'll look later if I get time :)

Early fogs won't fit and are just the light unit itself. The later ones have a plastic surround for the indicator as well, and sit slightly more forward than the early type.

Edit: Sorry, its still early for me, didn't see easypops reply. :rolleyes:

Edited by seanl82

Cheers for the reply chaps.

That's cleared that up. Was tempted to buy earlier ones and try an make them fit but hearing that I won't bother.

Is they're many members from Scotland on here?

Always handy to know folk with spares and deals to be made lol.

I've been E30's most of my days and know rakes of folk if I ever needed a part. Would be good if I had that same phone book for corrado's.

Hi Charlie

I am in Balerno, which isn't too far from you and have a blackberry coloured VR6. Good luck with the car and sourcing the bits you need