massbad69

Storm grey VR6 - Sold

Front black grill badge on with VR6 removed for now, poss get another one and spray it black later ?

Changed the white prop clip for a black one and popped the wiper motor cover on.

28633479-F892-4BE6-883C-A0D9388808B3_zpsn1tcw0ba.jpg

A6F2E6B9-4FAE-4EEB-9802-63F8A4BFC4E2_zpsbskghavk.jpg

45BBE9CE-4B56-43F0-BAEA-BB82FB207463_zpslp292j4j.jpg

You're making nice progress with this. I had both my grille badges black on my vr. Thought it looked good.

Thanks a lot

Quite fancy doing all the rear badges black as well but I will need to buy other ones first to spray up along with the front VR6 badge.

Meant to say, when I had the grill off I cleaned down all the metalwork as always to get it minty fresh

My Storm grey VR6 has a black badge too :)

I have some good speakers (forget which) in my Audioscape door pods. They are running off the head unit and I think they would benefit from a separate amp instead. The sub in the boot (left by the previous owner - not really the sort fo thing I would add myself) is good though.

I've just ordered the Alpine speakers all round that are OEM fitment so will pop them in once the car comes back from the bodyshop in a couple of weeks.

Then I will look at a new headunit in black to fit in better.

Thanks for the black badge link I will buy that now.

I will keep my eye open over the winter for the rear Corrado and VR6 and front VR6 badges for spraying.

You're making nice progress with this. I had both my grille badges black on my vr. Thought it looked good.

Thanks a lot

Quite fancy doing all the rear badges black as well but I will need to buy other ones first to spray up along with the front VR6 badge.

Removed the badges from the rear and gave them all a first coat of matt black but also ordered new silver badges for the rear as well to keep the originals.

They will stay off just now until after the year once the car has had a full paint correction and detail.

D7E279F1-959D-4EF4-B463-D25BBB9FACD8_zpsxjwpr4cm.jpg

C314A8AD-F2A1-4ABE-9BBD-5030296CCA63_zpszykw6qg5.jpg

Front black sprayed VR6 badge on now and I think the all black front grill goes well with the Grey.

259689A8-609B-4F76-B0C4-FE98633B30CD_zpscoxwmiby.jpg

D4737F47-0613-4401-B459-9366A8A76732_zpshrjqibxh.jpg

Nice!

Thanks I like the black badges.

Ordered new Toyo Proxes for the Speedlines as I've decided to keep those wheels for the forseeable future.

So now ordered black paint for the calipers and carriers which should fit in nicely with the black and grey theme.

Spoke to my mate yesterday and he told me to get the small blister in the stonechip on the drivers front wing removed now, so I've spoke to the bodyshop and when it goes in next week, all being well that should be cut out and repaired, the tailgate blister the same and all the side dings popped out, fingers crossed.

Once it's back then I can get it up on stands and have a look at the rear brake rebuild and see if I'm capable of doing it :shrug:

Although I'm tempted to change the wheels I've decided not to, so I've bought new tyres BUT I was thinking about spacers all round to pull the wheels out a bit ?

25mm all round or what have others used ??

Thanks

Hopefully ordered my last winter parts as the car needs a new balljoint and possibly a new drop link, so ordered a pair of each up.

My tyres arrive tomorrow but I will leave the car sitting on the old tyres through the winter and put the new tyres on in the Spring.

I think the short shifter and passenger regulator both arrive tomorrow as well.

Really like the black badges, look great against the grey!

Thanks I think it suits the car but still ordered up new silver ones for keeping it original if needed.

There is none listed on ebay just now but thia is the search for it

VW CORRADO FRONT WIPER MOTOR COVER TRIM ALL RHD LHD 16V VR6 2.0 8V SLC

There is none listed on ebay just now but thia is the search for it

VW CORRADO FRONT WIPER MOTOR COVER TRIM ALL RHD LHD 16V VR6 2.0 8V SLC

tidy thank you kindly :)

So popped the old rear Nokia speakers out and put the new Alpines in which was straightforward.

Can someone tell me if I need to remove the full front door card for the door speakers ?

Also do the dash speaker grills just pop off to get in to change them ?

Thanks

74139119-8C44-4E12-A2CE-B1385EC9A661_zpsi4jyqelk.jpg

43221593-E8D1-4413-B5A2-A5E46FA131D0_zpsqimg7vpp.jpg

210DD26F-BBC1-4078-AE68-C4ED12117E97_zpsev1mtja2.jpg