massbad69

Storm grey VR6 - Sold

Looking good - yes, you need to remove the door cards to replace the speakers, you'll need to remove the following:

2 Phillips screws on the left edge of the card

1 Phillips screw on the right edge

Unscrew and remove the plastic lock pin

Remove the interior door handle surround (this just slides to either the left or right and pops off)

Remove the speaker grill and remove the Phillips screw behind it

Prise off plastic cover off door handle pull and remove the 2 Phillips screws behind it.

Think that's it!

Thanks for that

I will give it a shot when it comes back from the bodyshop and when the card is off I can get a look at the passenger window issue.

You're welcome and yes, I forgot the dash grills will come out by prising a flat head screwdriver underneath (carefully!)

• Like 1

You're welcome and yes, I forgot the dash grills will come out by prising a flat head screwdriver underneath (carefully!)

Cheers

I thought they would but better to check first :o

Are the rears actually a direct replacement ? Never looked at mine but yours look like they over hand the main grill. Are they easy to get out ? Do they sound any better... Worth a £30 Quid investment ?

Direct replacement with perfect fit.

Hard to tell with sound quality yet as car was in the garage and the radio reception isn't great.

New Toyo Proxes arrived for the Speedlines and the original black rear VW roundel, they will sit until later in the winter. Spare key Corrado keyring as well.

0910769E-6A15-47EA-BB5B-749187B80437_zpsq0hirsb8.jpg

1650F3F5-6A8C-4DAF-BF36-58FF779CC346_zps8ri3zdn7.jpg

Wife's now going beserk

Picked this newly retrimmed steering wheel up today for fitting after the winter.

70F801F4-C53F-4950-B68F-C1A8103C5DE5_zpsvbrasbls.png

Wife's now going beserk

Picked this newly retrimmed steering wheel up today for fitting after the winter.

Ha ha, know that feeling, missus said to me earlier, we need to put 2 of the dining room chairs out in the garage or the shed.....I inform her there is no room, I suggest putting them in the loft(converted) and she laughs and says.....there is a car in the loft already :lol:

Ha ha, know that feeling, missus said to me earlier, we need to put 2 of the dining room chairs out in the garage or the shed.....I inform her there is no room, I suggest putting them in the loft(converted) and she laughs and says.....there is a car in the loft already :lol:

So true :thumbleft:

Bizarrely I was in my loft this morning and it's half empty...........then realised after selling my 2 mk1 Golfs, I've sold 2 sets of wheels and a ton of parts.........then realised again I just sold my wee VRS and with it 2 sets of spare wheels and old suspension !!

Now got lots of back up room for Corrado parts :dance:

Were call from the bodyshop today and all the dings and dents have now been removed and the rear screen is removed for sorting the tailgate blister.

He even said he would fix my dodgy passenger window if I drop off the other regulator to him, bonus.

Few pics of the retrimmed steering wheel and I'm chuffed to bits with the quality and it will sit well with the new gearknob and gaiter.

08123EEA-AD0A-4192-B0BB-66E301D5A7BA_zpssrerkly3.jpg

180B3905-574F-483C-9C97-8D60608AA51B_zps3s7zyl7s.jpg

98E4058A-4DDC-428D-8A53-900CF3C56F38_zpsrxsvyewp.jpg

EA067280-D91A-41AF-A83F-DA9288872278_zpsj8gganwi.jpg

Steering wheel looks great, who did it for you ?

Bought it newly retrimmed for £120 which I thought was well worth it as I would pay way more than that for the retrim alone.

Looks as though you are going to have a very nice Rado there to show off next year :thumbleft:

Looks as though you are going to have a very nice Rado there to show off next year :thumbleft:

Thanks and hopefully.

My mk1's have ended up pretty decent and trying the same approach with this.

I have a Retro VW Facebook page which was just a mk1 page but now opened up to 80's and 90's Vws and held my first mini meet in September, so planning to do a monthly meet from Spring to Winter.

I hope I can get some Scottish Corrados along :thumbleft:

Won a set of Speedlines for £100 delivered.

Think I will refurb them anthracite or black and put my new tyres on them and then keep the stock ones as changers.

3EDA84DC-4B42-4DC6-9B7B-9B06B923ED66_zpst6wugu7l.png

Edited by massbad69

Removed the badges from the rear and gave them all a first coat of matt black but also ordered new silver badges for the rear as well to keep the originals.

They will stay off just now until after the year once the car has had a full paint correction and detail.

D7E279F1-959D-4EF4-B463-D25BBB9FACD8_zpsxjwpr4cm.jpg

C314A8AD-F2A1-4ABE-9BBD-5030296CCA63_zpszykw6qg5.jpg

Hi mate the cars looking really good, how did you go about popping these off?

The CORRADO badge is just with your fingers and I used a dental floss on the VR6 to remove it and then a hair drier to remove the sticky tape stuff that's left over once the badge is off.

New rear VR6 badge arrived from China which looks great so that I can have 2 sets of badges, one set original and one set Matt black.

753189A4-D179-4DCA-AEFB-311E26D2A89A_zpsery20pkl.jpg

Wee VW screwdriver as well

92EA319E-A55E-42A2-A72B-4824D8F86888_zpstus8wium.jpg