massbad69

Storm grey VR6 - Sold

I'm glad they did a rubbish job of putting the rear bearing dust covers on...

I had no end of trouble last weekend...

Car looks great :) are the front pagid remanufactured calipers.

I will get new dust covers as I see it now.

I don't know what calipers they are to be honest as I don't pick it up til Saturday.

I will find out more then, the calipers were £75 each.

Looking very nice chris keep up the good work....

Thanks Mike, still wish you lived close so you could help :cheers:

Thanks Mike, still wish you lived close so you could help :cheers:
Anytime chris,I will pop and see you in the summer at some point...maybe in my Rallye if I can pull my finger out and finish it.
  • Like 1

Anytime chris,I will pop and see you in the summer at some point...maybe in my Rallye if I can pull my finger out and finish it.

That's a deal :thumbleft:y

Looking good,and the best colour (I'm biased,)

Can I ask where you got the rear brake backing plates from?

I bought that much that I can't remember exactly but I think they came through eBay ?? but I had a search for you on eBay and couldn't find anymore ??

When I get a chance I will try and find the receipt.

I will get new dust covers as I see it now.

I don't know what calipers they are to be honest as I don't pick it up til Saturday.

I will find out more then, the calipers were £75 each.

Sorry mate if my previous comment sounded rude...

Just bought myself a few more dust covers.

I bought that much that I can't remember exactly but I think they came through eBay ?? but I had a search for you on eBay and couldn't find anymore ??

When I get a chance I will try and find the receipt.

The easiest way to trace an ebay purchase is via feedback?

I tried looking on ebay feedback but as it was a few months ago you only get the item number now so it would take ages going through my purchases, copying and pasting.

Yes, you're unable to view items older than 90 days in your feedback, unless you copy and paste the item number :(

Cheers

Just got a call from the garage, one of the rear brake pipes is an advisory, so just getting it changed now.

They are really busy though so won't get it back til next weekend now.

Finally get the car back tomorrow.

Think they have had an interesting time with the old bolts etc

Just need to get 2 handbrake cable clips hopefully from VW, thanks to Sean above, to finish things off.

Mot and coolant change tomorrow.

New brake pipe fitted as it wouldn't seal ? or something like that but I will find out tomorrow.

Advised to get a new Brake Compensator valve, so ordered one tonight and will get that fitted later.

Git to paint the new front calipers and carriers when I get a chance and clean down all the arches at the same time.

Going to drop off the spare Speedlines a week on Saturday for colour change and diamond cutting and new tyres.

Then hopefully that's it for the season.

I will get decent pics of the brakes etc when I'm changing the wheels and painting the bits.

Car's looking great mate, I've just had a well spent hour of works time following your progress from page 1! :) It's given me a new incentive and a few new ideas for mine! I'll have to check out your FB page too as I'm only in Dunbar and I've a buddy in fife with a VR6 too! I'm currently trying to find a local trustworthy garage for my next service as I've had the last 2 done in Sunderland which ia bit of a trek!

Car's looking great mate, I've just had a well spent hour of works time following your progress from page 1! :) It's given me a new incentive and a few new ideas for mine! I'll have to check out your FB page too as I'm only in Dunbar and I've a buddy in fife with a VR6 too! I'm currently trying to find a local trustworthy garage for my next service as I've had the last 2 done in Sunderland which ia bit of a trek!

Cheers and once the better weather comes we need to meet up. I'm going to be heading to Tartan Tarmacs breakfast meet n the last Sunday of every month to get the car out.

I'm booked I for a few shows already and prob do a few wee meets from my FB page.

So still not got the car as the fob wouldn't code to the car so had to take the spare down and will now get it back on Monday.

It had the Mot yesterday with no issues and coolant change.

I ordered 2 full fitting kits ( by mistake )for the rear brake compensator valve, so I will sell one set on but knew that I will need a set when the old stuff gets cut off when the valve gets changed later this year.

Looking forward to getting the car back, newly refurbished wheels with new rubber back and trial fit for spacer sizes for ordering.

Then getting all the arches cleaned down and waxed, wheels and spacers on and get out for some miles.

Lastly I will probably get the 1990's alarm system removed and a modern one installed when I have the coin.

Hi Massbad69,

Could I ask what the full fitting kit comprises of for the rear brake compensator valve and where you purchased from? this is a job I'm just doing on mine, I have the new valve but will need new bolts etc. as the the old ones didn't survive!

Cheers - Paul