Roger Chatfield

Recommend me an eye test please.

Evening chums.

I've reached that stage in life where I'm convinced that I need glasses, I mean I even think some Fords look good so things are getting serious...lol

So, where should I go for a test? I want an unbiased test that just tells me what's wrong with my eye sight and not some 'marketing tool' to convince me to buy some glasses.

Opinions please.

Rog.

Some Ford's do look good. I'd say there's nothing wrong with your eyes :)

I think about getting a focus st3 then think there as common as

I see Fiesta ST's everywhere, but it doesn't stop me enjoying mine every time I drive it :)

If it were me. I'd have a few tests and compare results, before buying glasses. I swear they lie to sell you glasses.

I've had glasses since i was at primary school, i don't ever remember feeling that i needed glasses. But next thing i know i get an eye test and told i need them. Same with my brother and sister.

I swear its all an conspiracy.

All joking aside I wear glasses and have used both Boots and Specsavers. To be honest I just go wherever I find the best deal depending on what I want (i.e. two pairs for the price of one or 50% off, etc). Never felt like I was being sold something I didn't need either.

All joking aside I wear glasses and have used both Boots and Specsavers. To be honest I just go wherever I find the best deal depending on what I want (i.e. two pairs for the price of one or 50% off, etc). Never felt like I was being sold something I didn't need either.

if you have a local independent they shouldn't try and sell you something you don't need.....

sight tests a pretty standard.... I normally go to who ever is cheap... but a high street name. lots do free sight tests to get you in. I have a free one with vision express this week, got a voucher off their webpage last week valid for this month.... Tesco do cheap eye tests.

if you sit in front of a pc all day your employer should help you out / pay

its not the sight test I have problems with its the sales people afterwards.... trying to keep their sales figures up for the month....

always ask for your prescription if you need one.... most keep hold of them, so you have to buy glasses from them.

martin lewis moneysaving expert gives good advice for buying specs and sight tests.

Edited by delfinis38

Do you want glasses or contacts?

For contacts I can recommend Boots. been with them for years and always perfect and very helpful.

If you want glasses, I would seriously consider your local ophthalmic optician. Tend to get a more personal experience and although you will pay more for glasses compared to the main stream shops most of them now are getting closer in price but with better service.

If you want a Ford, or a Lada, then it'll be a shrink you want to see.....

*please note, some Fords are very good cars. but NO Lada's are good cars

I've used David Clulow a few times and recently they gove the hard sell after the test. I'm sure the test is fine but I will avoid them in future simply because their hard sell annoys me. I've also had difficulty getting them to hand my prescription to me afterwards and had to really insist (I assume they thing I will simply buy online).

I've used David Clulow a few times and recently they gove the hard sell after the test. I'm sure the test is fine but I will avoid them in future simply because their hard sell annoys me. I've also had difficulty getting them to hand my prescription to me afterwards and had to really insist (I assume they thing I will simply buy online).

I've just had a 10 quid test with the photographic retina thingie that see in the back of your eyes from boots the chemist. By law they have to give you your prescription. Voucher on boots website at moment.

But sometimes it's unwise to go elsewhere for your frames... As you have no come back if they messed the sight test up and the glasses are wrong.