Dox

Binnacle screw covers

You can get them new from Germany, I saw them yesterday.

where did you find them?

Jim on here had some 3D printed as originals were discountinued

I got some from ARZ tuning last year. If you can stomach the postage price, they were actually good value. I got quite a bit from there so the postage cost was offset over the lot which helped.

Jeez I think I'd rather leave the screw head exposed than pay £20 for a used broken pair. That's just extortion.

Jeez I think I'd rather leave the screw head exposed than pay £20 for a used broken pair. That's just extortion.

LOL well said Dr

I was watching them on German ebay but I removed them, I will try and find them again.

Incl postage they were £15 iirc

Give Jim a shout, like said above he had some 3D printed and they were spot on, I'm sure he'll have the odd spare set.

Rog.

Pretty sure Rog that all the one's Jim had made have all gone?

Ian.

Unfortunately they have all gone. I was looking into getting new sets printed for a lot less than what I originally paid, but I wasn't too happy with the quality of the new ones. The finish on the material was better but they didn't fit quite as nicely as the original batch I had done.

I'll try get back onto this next week when I'm back home as the topic does come up quite often so there is clearly interest still.

For what it's worth I thought £20 for a broken pair was a bit steep!

I think so.. but if they're the ones from ARZ tuning, I was told they were a rubbish fit which was was spurred me on to get my own reproductions made.

I got some given along with the clock surround and a headlight switch from a bloke I'd bought a moonroof from. Guess I got a few £'s worth of freebies

Did anyone have the .stl file for these? I have a 3D printer and with the file would happily print these for people for the cost of the materials

I'm the only person with the STL file.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but given that I invested a significant amount of my own personal time in working with a 3D modelling company to produce this part a couple of years ago, I'm not too keen on just giving away the model file - as they were a re-worked & tweaked design, and aren't just direct replicas of the original part. There would be nothing to stop you or someone else taking the file and re-selling it to another company or selling printouts to a company. I'm sure you wouldn't do that, but just saying, once the file is released other people can profit off the back of time and energy that I invested - which I'm less than keen on.

I was hoping to get another run of these produced very soon though, probably after christmas and won't be charging the earth for them. I get them printed via Shapeways now and they come in under a tenner a pair.

In fact I'm happy to fire off an order in the next couple of days as there have been a few folks asking for a set, if you'd be interested :)

I'm the only person with the STL file.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but given that I invested a significant amount of my own personal time in working with a 3D modelling company to produce this part a couple of years ago, I'm not too keen on just giving away the model file - as they were a re-worked & tweaked design, and aren't just direct replicas of the original part. There would be nothing to stop you or someone else taking the file and re-selling it to another company or selling printouts to a company. I'm sure you wouldn't do that, but just saying, once the file is released other people can profit off the back of time and energy that I invested - which I'm less than keen on.

I was hoping to get another run of these produced very soon though, probably after christmas and won't be charging the earth for them. I get them printed via Shapeways now and they come in under a tenner a pair.

In fact I'm happy to fire off an order in the next couple of days as there have been a few folks asking for a set, if you'd be interested :)

I'd take two pairs if you did another run Jim

OK - I will look to get an order in tonight. I've been putting it off for ages!

The fit is good but the colour match isn't 100%.. the black plastic I use is ever so slightly lighter than the black plastic used for the interior trim on the Corrado. When they're in place they look fine, but just if you have OCD for detail it might annoy you :) I'll sort some pictures out so you can see what I mean.

Here we go.

The colour difference is more noticable in the pictures than it is actually on the car.

I'd like a couple too. Not that the evil car deserves it after all the **** it's given me, but there you go. I am a devoted owner.

Right - just ordered 20 pairs :)

Hopefully be with me in a few weeks.