VR6 Lee

Spal Fans

Just bought the 2 fans for my new aluminium radiator from the company below for £117 posted. Saved myself over £65 over buying them from the http://www.serckservicesmotorsport.co,uk

Link:

http://www.t7design.co.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=spal+fans

Speak to Adam

For the part numbers below

11 inch - VA09-AP8/C-54A

9 inch - VA07/AP8/C - 58A

Just thought i'd spread the good news.

The 11" is a different model than the one discussed on the other spal thread, I got:

VA09-AP12/C-54A. Which may go some way to explaining the price. I'm sure ap8 will be fine but I wanted to inform anyone reading this just in case.

After a year of running these on a vrt, track days, euro hoons, and general spirited drives they haven't missed a beat.

Also looking to replace the fans on my VR, without Aircon.

Is it possible to fit just one and somehow keep the 2 speed functionality.

Can someone provide a definitive answer as to which model number and type I would need if I went for 2 fan and 1 fan option.

Would I also need to some brackets, if so where can I source them.

Gus.

ChrisL on here has the drawings for the brackets, he had them made last time. I've got some drawings but never made and tested them as Chris' price was very good!

You can retain the 2 speed, simply put a resistor between stage 1 fan and positive feed but you might as well just wire them full speed. More hassle to retain the different speeds unfortunately

Just take a look at quantity of airflow going through the fan on the spec, I think its safe to say any fan you get will use less power and cool more effectively than standard dark age fan setup. I went for a 9" and 11" revotec from burton power as they were cheaper than spal and fairly similar price.

I have heard of people using 1 x 9" and it cooling enough, I went for the twin setup as I have had cooling issues in the past.

Just take a look at quantity of airflow going through the fan on the spec, I think its safe to say any fan you get will use less power and cool more effectively than standard dark age fan setup. I went for a 9" and 11" revotec from burton power as they were cheaper than spal and fairly similar price.

I have heard of people using 1 x 9" and it cooling enough, I went for the twin setup as I have had cooling issues in the past.

hi m8

could i ask if you fitted the new fans to the OEM radiator? my VR fans can be noisey at times & am looking into options

thanks

This is spal 11 and 9 inch fans on standard vr6 rad. As mentioned you need the custom brackets.

20150814_195013.jpg

Wired mine in with just one speed. So both come on at 1st stage at full power. Am sure you can fit just one fan and that will be enough.

Yea fitted them to an oem radiator, my brackets are same as jims. Spal and revotec have same mounting pattern, think others do as well but might be worth a double let check

Can anyone fabricate a bracket that will allow for a single 11" to fit centre of the radiator.

Been looking into doing this for a while now and even after a lot of searching can't seem to find a 100% answer on the how to wire aftermarket fans into a vr6. Can anyone help or even better got any pictures of there wiring.

Cheers luke

Redborbet did pictures of his wiring but it's really easy, you have 3 lives and an earth, it's up to you if you want to cut the plug off or do it a different way. But just connect the fan earth's to the corrado earth and the fan lives to all the corrado lives.

I found a sharan and got the other side of the plug and will be making a loom from the fan side.

Cheers swiftkid but don't the fans only have 2 wires earth and live. Do you put the 2 earths together for the ground and have 3 lives coming off the live cables. Sorry I'm good with macanics but rubbish with electrics.

Cheers luke

Redborbet did pictures of his wiring but it's really easy, you have 3 lives and an earth, it's up to you if you want to cut the plug off or do it a different way. But just connect the fan earth's to the corrado earth and the fan lives to all the corrado lives.

I found a sharan and got the other side of the plug and will be making a loom from the fan side.

Dave if you find another sharan fan fitting please let me know!!

I've just removed a set of these DG Autotech brackets...if anyone's still steuggling for a set.

Just need to find the smaller piece that goes on the end as I was only using a single 11" fan!

Can anyone fabricate a bracket that will allow for a single 11" to fit centre of the radiator.

I probably could if I had a drawing/dimensions. Getting quite handy with the cnc plasma cutter at work.

New radiator/spal fans and roose pipes all fitted and new aux.

New brackets welded to the radiator so there is no movement in the radiator. Also top brackets welded to top of radiator to help with fitment of bracket

Big thanks to my dad and bro for helping over the past few months.

Looks greatd49549f9072542f63baa4d66e8052122.jpg

9aea867b1d9bbc6655483ad653743301.jpgad57d71cf1e49e497fe1f4ebfc5d4188.jpg

c10cd81303934a98c94f70432298058f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by VR6 Lee

Very nice. What rad is that?

I love the extra room you get with the spal fans. Can get inlet manifold off much easier.