robrado974

Illumination in the cabin questions .

Evening all.

Sometime back , when i had my interior in bits , i was given some parts to change the lighting . So the clocks are red , along with the wondow switches . With one thing and another it didnt get finished . Now im doing a lot of interior work, it makes sense to get this sorted . While i like the red illumination , it does not look good when the heater controls , lighter and headlight switch are still green . I presume this is because you cant get the red see through tube that goes inside the heater control . If i put red bulbs in i dont think it would work . So im thinking of going back to green . Now i didnt do this job so im not sure what went in behind the clocks ?, is it some kind of red illumination tube instead of a green one ?. Plus the fact that the replacement headlight switch is the standard green .Am i right in thinking its just a small bulb that lights the window switches ?. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated .

Many thanks ,

Rob

The clocks are just illuminated with white bulbs and a green filter as standard Rob. Provided you still have the green filter, it should be really simple to change back mate.

Rob, I think you could do the heater controls in red el sheet like what is used in the back light mod, if you wanted it all red then it's probably something we could do but if you wanted different colours (blue for the cold setting) then maybe contact the guy that did the backlight kits.

Rog.

Thanks for answering my questions all of you . Having chatted with Rog today I'm going to go all red . I like the green to , but the red is fine . Looking forward to a mini meet at mine on Sunday . Bacon and dog rolls all round !

All red will loom great imho. Yes EL sheet with a red filter will be the easiest way to do the heater.