Roger Chatfield

Bleeding ABS

Morning chums,

I'm going to remove my abs unit in the next couple of days in an attempt to fix it.

Now, when I replace it what's the correct procedure to bleed it? Is it just a case of undoing the bleed nipple on the top or is there something else I need to do?

Rog.

Yeah I'd suggest a complete change and bleed at every part, including clutch Rog. These cars seem to exagerate every tiny trapped air bubble with a horrific pedal feel and dangerous braking if you so much as change a bleed nipple cover, so worth going to town on it mate.

Not sure if its the same on the original corrado ABS, but when i swapped to the newer system i had to bled the pump using vagcom

Will be bleeding my recently fitted replacement unit very soon, will let you know how I get on.

Just bleed the whole system using something like an easibleed. Start at the caliber furthest away from the master cylinder and work towards it. The abs is bled with the 2 nipples on the top. Don't forget the clutch and master cylinder last.

No need for VAGCOM when bleeding.

Can be a pig of a job I've found.

Had a go at bleeding mine conventionally this morning and got a reasonable pedal without much trouble.Can't do the rears though until it's out of the garage.

There is a 7mm bleed screw on the end of the master cylinder too, start there-abs-then calipers.

Edited by Harrier