luk4mu5

First world problems

I got a problem. I'm guessing you all may have been facing this one too at some point.

8c3fa7628b575322d469a7064bba9776.jpg

Where the hell can one put ones coffee?

Top of dash board if you want to live dangerously or between the legs if you are a crazy dare devil.

Seen people install the mk4 golf cup holder or screw a flip out one to side of centre console.

Between legs! Been there done that. Had the burns, defiantly not going back there again.

Mk4 cup holder looks like a good idea. But guessing that's at the loss of either the radio or the heater controls.

Wouldn't like to screw any of those flimsy flippy cup holders you can pick up at the services or Halfrds.

Someone here attached a p bracket to the seat base at the front in the middle.. The cup then was supported and sat on the floor between your legs.

Banned any type of drink that isn't in a bottle from my corrado. Pretty much only me in it. But i have to turn down the free coffee when i buy a bacon roll.

Cheers guys!

I think I may just have to opt for both the floor ring and that one you got there dragon.

While I was thinking about how to solve this issue I started thinking about the 2 cup holders that most modern cars have located next to the hand break.

I'm wondering if you guys have ever seen anyone that has been able to shift the handbrake over to allow for such a thing?

Pop out the rear ashtray. Makes a pretty decent cup holder I find :)

I'm with Mr Bowen on this. Only bottled drinks in the rado.

What kind of coffee we talking here? If it's got more than three syllables it should be banned from all rados as they are not hipster cars..... Are they?

Dirty chai coffee is five syllables.

I just tried to read this, but it was too painful..... Appears we're all hipsters in our own way.

Someone was making those cup holders to fit in the rear ashtray, they were a good idea. The mk4 golf cup holders take a bit of modification but you keep both the radio and heater controls, just everything moves down a little.

How can it all move down? The bottom tray is a one piece box directly attacked to the underside of the ashtray. Would require cutting out by the looks of it.

Banned any type of drink that isn't in a bottle from my corrado. Pretty much only me in it. But i have to turn down the free coffee when i buy a bacon roll.

This. Problem solved. Kind of.

That's my car Swiftkid. Nick (nep) fitted that before I bought it and I must say it's great but looks like a lot of effort and glue.

Fraser