EJ Taylor

Ever feel like owning a Corrado is like have a disease?

i had a little think about this overnight & there are lots of interesting thoughts etc

my 10p worth....

3 kind of main points EJ & then a wee figure to put things into perspective

1. with age & experience i have found, as have many many others, that if you mod a car in any way you will end up running into some form of issues & higher long term costs. EJ have a read of the tough time i had when the top end was being done at stealth. in short that turned into chasing a weak link & i ended up spending nearly twice what originally budgeted.

2. this one applies to many avenues in life & having followed your build EJ i would highly recommend, again from personal experience with the past 18 months of refubing my house, decide what you want & how to achieve it before starting a project & then stick to it. changes of mind after a job starts etc only costs you much more in the long run. preparation is 90% of the job & that includes being sure on what you want

3. old cars cost money to run & repair!!! BUT not as much as 'new' cars!! live with it, deal with it or sell & get a 'new' car. however, if like me, you own your corrado outright & it doesnt cost you a monthly payment purely just to drive it. then do the math.

if we take Jim for example, hope you dont mind mate, but if you say you didnt have your rado for the past 6 years & had a lease hire car at say £250 per month (like most people do) then it would have cost you £3000 per year & £18000 over the same 6 year period you have had your rado BUT you would not even own the 'new' car!

you would have spent 18K (plus any servicing & running costs over that period) to end up with nowt on the drive but a balloon payment or give it back & have an empty space.

as such Jim you would have still potentially be left with 2K in your pocket if you sold the rado rather than bugger all from a new car - winner!

add to this that many of us wouldnt even consider most of the cars available at that kind of lease cost lol i was shocked to learn how much my gf's mom pays for her absolute piece of junk shopping trolley hair dryer powered mazda per month!!!!

or if all else fails do as i did & buy 2 rados so that you always have one to drive if the other one is being worked on ;) PMSL

life is too short to worry about the past or stress about the future too much. be present in the day, absorb what is around you & just enjoy what you have. maybe it could be better but it certainly could be a hell of a lot worse!

i have lost 3 family members in the past 8 weeks & my god that makes you realise we need to find the happiness & joy in all the moments we can each & every day :D

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

or if all else fails do as i did & buy 2 rados so that you always have one to drive if the other one is being worked on ;) PMSL

My solution!

No, you definitely need 4. One as a parts car, one "being repaired", one to drive, and one 'just in case' the driving one breaks down. :lol:

No, you definitely need 4. One as a parts car, one "being repaired", one to drive, and one 'just in case' the driving one breaks down. :lol:

ha ha i like it!

when the gf had her storm we would laugh about the idea of getting a G60 so that our collection was complete

Brilliant! :lol: :lol:

Brilliant! :lol: :lol:

woo hooo glad to see you are laughing with it EJ

dont let the bar stewards get you down lol

A daily tdi conversion, a Vr for fun, Another better condition Vr tucked away....just in case, a loft (possibly dangerously structurally overloaded) full of spares, a shed full of spares too big to go in the loft and a spare room full of "spare" spares and keeping anyone from staying over and seeing the full extent of the madness!

Things might be looking up, just spoke to sealth and friday collection is looking like its back on

WELL CHUFFED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things might be looking up, just spoke to sealth and friday collection is looking like its back on

WELL CHUFFED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yippee!!!!

i bet you cant wait for that BIG grin to hit as you drive it out of there :D

yippee!!!!

i bet you cant wait for that BIG grin to hit as you drive it out of there :D

haha, lets see if it gets me home!

Then to Leiden next week. :lol:

Sure is bro!

nice!

i mentioned it to the gf about next year

we have been to the Dam for my 40th this year & hers last year so may combine it with the festival next year

i will check out if they allow dogs as we have a new puppy :)

Sure is bro!

EJ - how does the MIVW work?

having looked at the website, which is very basic, it is hard to tell.

is it a festival with a camp site or do you have to book a hotel? (as the site implies)

i understand it is held at an airfield but not really sure about much else

EJ - how does the MIVW work?

having looked at the website, which is very basic, it is hard to tell.

is it a festival with a camp site or do you have to book a hotel? (as the site implies)

i understand it is held at an airfield but not really sure about much else

The shows only on the saturday, its all very last minute. and you just get a hotel as close as you can and cruise down whenever, i just like the excuse for sick cars, nice/legal plantation and a weekend away! :D

and im sure dogs would be allowed, but not ideal as its just a big open tarmac airfield, and was scorching hot last year, literally no shade. Not nice for a doggy

The shows only on the saturday, its all very last minute. and you just get a hotel as close as you can and cruise down whenever, i just like the excuse for sick cars, nice/legal plantation and a weekend away! :D

ahhh i see - rather different to the VW festivals over here then

the excuse you mention is pretty damn good indeed!

good point about the heat & dog too - prolly not a good idea & i was already concerned about the journey with the mutt

did you say it was only 20 odd mins drive from the Dam? i may look into getting the apartment we have stayed in the last 2 times & then just head to MIVW from there

that said i would be worried parking the VR in the lights lol