kennyvr671

My ice grey vr6 track/fast road build

Hello there people. Ask my worry this project hasn't died 😂 I've actually been flat out working on it spending most nights in the unit and I'm hoping it will be on the road by the start of next summer:D . But yeah so basically it's had it's full respray!! And it looks absolutely amazing if do say so :) . I helped the body work out every day it was there sanding down and doing the bits you can't get wrong 🙈 but yeah all sprayed and back in the unit and since then Iv been busy building it back up. Iv completly retrimmed the headlining in faux Swade and coloured everything to follow black apart from the healingin sunroof trim sale thing which im not sure on how to colour and the sunroof controls which again I'm not sure on how to colour. Most of the interior us back in just waiting on seals and bits to finish it off. And if started rewrapping all of the wiring loom and routing it ready to have the engine in. I'll try and keep the updates more regular now that there's actually stuff happening. And I look forward to seeing any of you guys at the shows next year :D

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can. I'm really struggling to get my phone to upload them at the moment. And the tapatalk app has completely stopped working on me

Massively jealous of the azevs mate, had a set on my valver and loved them :thumbleft:

Had a set on my G40 back in the 90's, still got 'em in the loft. They will reappear one day, if ever I get time to restart my Derby project.

So getting it finished last year just didn't happen, but its very close now and should be starting the engine very soon, the engine is built and in the car and its wired up and pretty much done just a few little bits left like the fuel lines and drive shafts and stuff but i am so chuffed with how its come together it looks even better than i could of hoped!!:cheers: it will defiantly be out this year and very soon if all goes to plan. posting pics up is alot harder now tapatalk and completly died but i will get some up soon.

Just read your whole thread, fantastic work mate, way to go! Curious to see the end result as well! Cheers

is there an easy way to upload pics onto here by any chance because i'm really struggling to make it work since tapatalk has gone down:shrug:

and thank you, its taken a lot of hard work and so sooo many hours but iv'e learnt a lot along the process doing as much of it myself as possible, just cant wait for the first drive:cool:

After a lot of messing around i think I've figured it out, so here's some pictures :dance: this is the shell prep and then just after we took the masking off :cool:

and then this is the engine bay being built up ready for the engine, i bought some copper/nickel brake pipe and the tools and made all the brake lines myself, its actually very satisfying. and the re-wrapping all the wiring harness with Tesa loom tape and shortening and lengthening bits to route it where i want it to go. and then i recovered the headlining and sunroof with faux suede so its all black, managed to source a black sunroof controls and Porsche black sunvisor clips but i just painted the sunvisors, then the interior could start to fitted starting with the dash.

now for the most expensive part :thumbleft: wossner high comp 3.0L pistons and PEC h Beam rods a big Valve kit from america with high flow valves and titanium retainers and HD valve Springs, then all port and polished and everything balanced, fluid ampr pulley and a Helix Clutch. alot of help from vince at stealth with sourcing bearings and shells and bolts for me :cheers: and then the engine had literally just been fitted in the engine bay when i took the last picture

so these are the last pictures I've got, to date, i managed to get some proper gold wrap from the race team i work for to wrap the manifold and i'll wrap the intake elbow my brother made ( i just don't want to cover up those welds :cool: also some more pictures of the nice shiny paintwork and the interior all finished. i have to say the 02J shifter conversion is amazing! battery relocated into the boot and just needs a sealed battery in there and battery box. and then the latest pictures of the engine bay pretty much just needs fuel lines and it can be started. i managed to grab some bits of carbon from work too and make a couple covers with them :D which i think finishes of the engine bay nicely.

Not that i would say I'm any kind of expert with any of this at all, but if anyone needs some advice about the stuff I've done or wants a hand I'm very happy to help and give my knowledge of how i did everything. the corrado community have helped me massively, everyone has been so happy to help me, so it'd be nice to give back a bit :thumbleft:

what a great thread and some astounding work going on there!

Thanks Fla, it took a lot longer than expected, but then again it is a corrado :bonk:

Lovely! Too nice to drive now of course :p

Haha that's what I'm worried about :lol: I'll never want to get it dirty :bonk:

Totally stunning. Well done in what you have created

Thanks Mate, just need to keep going and finish it off now :dance:

Omg, I'm speechless... Absolutely stunning! This is the ultimate restoration and I'm getting inspired by you thank you!

I'm travelling right now and just on my phone, can't wait to see all your pictures on my computer.

Couple of questions? Your setup is without abs right? What about power steering? And that gold foil, where did you get that? At Mclaren or what ;) keep up the good work, wish I was in the UK... Cheers mate

Omg, I'm speechless... Absolutely stunning! This is the ultimate restoration and I'm getting inspired by you thank you!

I'm travelling right now and just on my phone, can't wait to see all your pictures on my computer.

Couple of questions? Your setup is without abs right? What about power steering? And that gold foil, where did you get that? At Mclaren or what ;) keep up the good work, wish I was in the UK... Cheers mate

Haha I wouldn't call it the ultimate restoration, theres alot better restorers out there than me, I just want to learn and make it look how I want it 😂 but that's awsome if its inspiring you, you got much planned with yours mate?

And yess I've deleted the whole abs system so all the wiring and everything, took a while to source the right servo and master cylinder but it was worth it, and yeah deleted the power steering system too so just looped the steering rack for now and got a shorter aux belt (it has to be narrower too) and hahaha I wish I worked for McLaren 😂 I got it from the British super bike team I mechanic in, called FS3 Kawasaki, I've managed to grab a few bits that were laying around, that's where the carbon cover came from too 🙈