Thursdave

Wiggled with fuse board, now no wipers, fan, sunroof?

Howdy folks, starting to get ****ed off with my G60.

Treated it to a new bonnet cable catch thanks to the group buy on the forum, and removed/unclipped the fuseboard to feed the cable back through into the engine bay (now it won't unclasp the bonnet, but thats a problem for another day!) and since re-attaching the fuseboard to the two hook things it rests in my wipers (front and rear) washers, interior fan and sunroof don't work.

Any chance these are all on a common relay? Have i knocked an earth wire loose somewhere on the back of the fuse board? Any ideas?

all the relays are seated and none of the fuses are blown so I'm stumped.

Check that the locking bar is still In place on the fuse box, when working in that area and moving the fuse box around the connector blocks sometimes detach themselves off the fuse box.

Total bastids to put back in, then there's the stupid plastic prongs to refit too..

Have a look.

Bit difficult to explain if you've never seen it. It's a plastic lock bar that holds all the connectors in situ. Pull out the fuse box and look along the side, you'll find it in the middle. First see if any connectors have come adrift or if you can pull plugs out, if you can then the bar has definatly moved to its open position.

Its on the right hand side of the fuse box as you look at it. Its in the middle and is a black plastic slide bar. When all plugs are home, it locks them in so the don't work their way out.

7dc29ebcad437de9c12b7acc6fb05756.jpg

8f035e93a65f5dc8eeef3943f2342adf.jpg

d9f0f1a3d3d919e4aa04924a69b1e1d1.jpg

23fa00d70739885a4028317e77b2fe7d.jpg

734507626a529a5b56cd20f35b826a7c.jpg

Took some pictures. Why is there not enough wiring to get the fuse board out far enough to actually see the back of it!? Any ideas where the above go?

The first red one looks like it splices into a standard red wire, so I'm guessing that's a leftover from the alarm I ripped out.

Still no wipers though? can't see anything lose or unplugged on the back?

Looking at the fuses, the rear wiper, front wiper and heater blower are all in a row next to each other, i hate working with the fuse box, I've had the harness connectors on the rear of it fall out most times i move it and undo the locking bit on the back

Ok. Managed to get a spare few hours to check things.

All the fuses are fine (in fact I've replaced them all, some were still the weird old original ones).

All the relays are seated properly, none of the plugs on the back are unplugged or badly seated.

There's no power to the front wiper motor, and there's no power to the wiper fuse (15A number 5).

What now?

Might be worth just getting an auto electrician out at this point :(

Yeah. I'd rather not though as funds are tight at the moment, just had to mot one of my other cars and do the cambelt on t'other.

The thing that's stumping me is the sunroof not working as well. If it was just the wipers it'd be either the switch or the relay, but the sunroof whisky sharing a common fuse with the rear wiper is a separate switch to the wipers.

Are you good with wiring diagrams?

http://www.corrado.com.pl/elektryka/corrado92.pdf

There can only be a problem with:

A. the wiper motor (unlikeky)

- harness goes from fusebox connector 'S' to wiper motor

B. wiper stalk/switch (possible)

- harness goes from fusebox connector 'J' to wiper switch on steering column

C. the fuse or relay (both checked)

Challenge yourself and trace the wiring through...

As your wipers and fan blowers are not working, I would start with relay 4. Make sure this relay is latching when you switch the ignition on, before starting the car. If you can feel and hear the relay latch, check to see if the blowers, wipers are working

As all the items you have said are not working, are powered from 'X' power rail which is fed from this relay.

If this relay is not latching on, it could be a faulty relay or the ignition switch.

Let us know your findings.

That's just the information I wanted, thanks Sanky.

I'll check when I'm next free (likely the weekend) but I don't recall any noises from the relay board when turning the key to acc.

car starts fine, so hopefully it's just that I've managed to blow this relay somehow.

And are the fans or wipers still not working, when the relay has latched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sankysvr6