coullstar

Removal of ABS

Has anyone removed there ABS system that can offer feedback. Did you tell your insurance companies and if so what was the outcome?

Im looking at a local car this week and the guy removed it after he had a lot of issues with the system. He has all the old parts so I might refit it or look at the Teves20 however in the meantime Id have to insure it until then.

Only removed it to fit the Teves20 system. Its a much nicer system and does away with the crappy bias valve, plus i don't think the pump is very rare/hard to get hold of.

Has he totally removed the entire system?

Yep, no ABS at all I believe. Did any Corrado's come with no ABS? Just wondering what components will have been used.

Edited by coullstar

Yep, no ABS at all I believe. Did any Corrado's come with no ABS? Just wondering what components will have been used.

I believe 1.8 16v's didn't have it - or at least, it was an option.

early g60's dont have abs

I've removed my complete system, nothing was mentioned on the mot and they were fairly picky. To be honest the brakes feel a lot nicer without the ABS and it hasn't locked up yet! If he's done it properly you should have any trouble

No I didn't tell them, not 100% sure where you would stand with the insurance company if the worst did happen. In hynesite it would probably be worth telling the insurers. Mines coming off the road again soon so will probably look into it better next year!