northG60

Hit & Run on my G60 this morning C***

Well.... 07:00-07:30 this morning some absolute coward did this to my car then drove away.

i found my center cap maybe 4 meters up the road and the chunk taken out my RZ was underneath the car behind me 2-3 meters back.

I am absolutely livid and have obviously contacted police and insurance.police are getting me to fill in a form as they don't come round to see it or take pictures ????(chocolate teapot)

and the car has already been picked up from the body assessment firm for the Insurance company but im just worried that i wont ever see my car again due to its age and cost to repair.

I had actually decided to sell the car a month ago and had some feelers out but now im probably buggered with the excess on my policy to pay and a crap settlement from the insurance.

this could be goodbye for me and this forum :( not exactly how i wanted it to end after 6 years of owning a G60.

oh dear sorry to see this, saw it on fb not long ago

do any of your neighbours have CCTV or similar maybe?

i hope the insurance etc looks at it favourably

Bugger, if its not your fault then you can insist to get it fixed cant you? If not buy it back, it will be a CatD then but as long as you have photos etc to show damage then shouldn't effect it to much.

I'm just gutted...

It couldn't have happened at a worse time im going for a mortgage meeting this Saturday and selling the Corrado was going to be a way of me raising funds for fees and stamp duty :(

As for getting it back on the road i will have to wait and see what is said obviously if it gets repaired with a CAT D against it most people would stay well away as i would but the last thing i want to do is send this car off the the scrap heap in the sky so its really put me in a rut. my stomach has been churning all day lol i cant eat or stop thinking about how F****** angry i am.

Oh mate i feel for you....Same thing happened to a friend who woke up to a missing wheel and broken wing etc...

I'm surprised no one see that, as it must of made a almighty bang......

I know it don't help, but this is the very reason I never park on the side of the road.....

I hope it gets sorted.. and argue that it's a modern classic.....

Edited by Dogma

Sorry to see that, and as you say p1ss poor timing for you.

It may be the pictures, but the damage to the door is really weird to my untrained eye,doesn't seem to match with somebody side swiping going down the road.

It looks more like someone reversing straight back into it, if that makes sense??

It doesn't change the outcome though and I hope it gets sorted out for you.

Best of luck

cheers guys

Hopefully with the right exposure i can find the scumbag and get it done through their insurance, im just most worried about the sill damage and any potential damage to suspension, stub axle or beam damage that could make it uneconomical to repair and a write off which is criminal when you think how many G60's still have the orignal engine and charger setup let alone how many G60's are left.

looking into getting some CCTV footage but the council dont seem to know who watches/operates it so ill just have to wait until the police get back to me with the form ive filled out and sent to them( not hopeful though)

Ergh. from the photos it doesn't look 'that' bad.. Sill and side are paintable and a door should be too difficult to find if it wont pull out.

What are the wheels? centre caps are different to standard so not sure what they are. If they're standard with a different centre cap I'll send you a wheel.

the wheels are BMW RZ so 7" wide and 15" not the standard VW which are 6.5" wide

yeah im not desputing that it can be repaired its just why the hell should i pay for some dick damaging it and driving off through my insurance rising over the next three years plus do i loose my no claims(not protected) ?

Bit of an Update!

It's getting repaired

I had actually forgotten that i have a spare (BMW)BBS RZ at my parents house so i'm going to drop that off to the repair shop and they will refurb it to match the other wheels.

The quote they sent for repair was just shy of £4000 total and i'll have to pay my excess and loose my no claims :( , it is what it is at this point i'm just glad i'll be getting her back and look forward to putting this whole incident behind me.

Also mortgage meeting went well and i've got a job interview for a promotion next week so things are on the up, haha not to tempt fate or anything

Edited by northG60

Bit of an Update!

It's getting repaired

I had actually forgotten that i have a spare (BMW)BBS RZ at my parents house so i'm going to drop that off to the repair shop and they will refurb it to match the other wheels.

The quote they sent for repair was just shy of £4000 total and i'll have to pay my excess and loose my no claims :( , it is what it is at this point i'm just glad i'll be getting her back and look forward to putting this whole incident behind me.

Also mortgage meeting went well and i've got a job interview for a promotion next week so things are on the up, haha not to tempt fate or anything

Good news mate, except for the excess and no claims. Take it you didn't get anywhere with finding the culprit?

Good luck with the house and job

Bit of an Update!

It's getting repaired

Great news bud glad their sorting you out.

I saw this on Adams Facebook and was gutted for you - I even shared on some local pages as your only up the road. Having had mine damaged by hit & run incidents on more than one occasion (albeit not as bad) I really do feel your pain. Glad to see its getting sorted, and really hope that by some miracle you trace the scumbag responsible!

Yes so i'm actually going to collect her tonight after work fingers crossed its got a good paint match and the repair is good as i still might have to sell it, but i'm considering other options and just keeping her.

But in other news I got the job promotion at the hospital where i work now (pharmacy) and me and the Mrs got accepted to a Mortgage, also have her house up for sale now and are looking for a house with a garage to potentially keep my little bugger of a G60.

Yes so i'm actually going to collect her tonight after work fingers crossed its got a good paint match and the repair is good as i still might have to sell it, but i'm considering other options and just keeping her.

But in other news I got the job promotion at the hospital where i work now (pharmacy) and me and the Mrs got accepted to a Mortgage, also have her house up for sale now and are looking for a house with a garage to potentially keep my little bugger of a G60.

winner winner chicken dinner!

well done on the promo too :)

Haha, great news all round mate! Are you at Addenbrookes? My wife works there and always says about a Corrado on site.

Yes good news all round indeed and congratz on the promo, lets hope you can keep her and enjoy for many years to come. :)