Gti_Jamo

Swapping Corrado for Fiat Coupe?

Hi,

I have been offered a straight swap for my G60 for a fairly tidy and well maintained, mapped Fiat Coupe 20 valve turbo so looking for some opinions on them. I have never really considered one before. I like how they are quite rare these days like the Corrado. The problem with my G60 is that it needs alot of work to get it where I want it to be. The biggest job being a full respray which I just do not have the time or the money to do just now. Also is uses oil, needs a new alarm fitting.

Don't get me wrong I still love Corrados and will likely get another in the future but after 20,000 miles in the G60 I just fancy a change but wouldn't want to find myself in something boring. In both current conditions I would say the Coupe is worth more than my G60.

Thoughts and opinions please.

I drove one a few years ago and remember It certainly wasn't boring!

It absolutely flew ,though wasn't so great handling.

I quiet liked it, on the downside I remember the cam belt change was a pig of a job and of course Fiat quality

A mate of mine swapped his alfa 147 for one on swapz website, it broke down several times before being diagnosed as a wrongun due to the wiring behind the dash being burnt, the other party never answered their phone.... Maybe he was busy driving the fault free alfa!

I don't think car swaps work, someone is always short changed and feels aggrieved.

When it went it went well, as above the 5 cylinder cars require engine removal for a timing belt change so make sure its been done recently.

Cheers,

Seems to be a bit of a mixed opinion on that thread anyway. I think they are quite good looking cars. Although designed by Fiat they were all built be pininfarina and apparently don't suffer with the usual fiat rot and are fully galvanised, a bit similar to the corrado. I've been doing my homework on the car as the current owner hasn't had it very long (less than an month) and has been a bit sketchy on the spec and details but have spoken to the previous owner who has been really helpful and verified where the money has been spent on the car so I know exactly how it was when they sold it last month. I agree though swapz is a terrible website, everyone trying to deceive one another and offload their crap.

I'm not sure what to do. Planning to meet half way on Sunday so I will probably go just for the look out of curiosity.

My only comment was going to be the cam belt as mentioned earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cambelts don't bother me, i'll quite happily get in about it if needs be but the paperwork I have seen shows it was done less than 6,000 miles ago early last year. Yeah fiat designed the body then pininfarina designed the interior and built them in Turin.

A pretty car? Are we looking at the same car? The bonnet flew up on one down York dragstrip the other day and it made it look better! They go pretty well but they must be in a similar bracket to corrado's value wise

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I didn't bother with it in the end. Went a bit mad there for a while lol, normal service has now resumed. I mean I like the Coupe's, but **** swapping my G60 for one.

I didn't bother with it in the end. Went a bit mad there for a while lol, normal service has now resumed. I mean I like the Coupe's, but **** swapping my G60 for one.

Good to hear I thought that would be a bad move myself (unless you like braking down that is) :)

Good to hear I thought that would be a bad move myself (unless you like braking down that is) :)

I've done quite a bit of breaking down in my G60 recently. A Fiat would probably be a set up the reliability ladder.....

Those 20v engines do sound good and are easily tuned. However good running a G-Ladder is, I do miss having a turbo sometimes.

I've done quite a bit of breaking down in my G60 recently. A Fiat would probably be a set up the reliability ladder.....

Sorry to hear that...and i can understand now why you wanted to change...get a VR6 :)