Jono Cox

Corrado steering wheel

Hi all does anyone know if it's possible to fit a mk7 golf flat bottom steering wheel to a 95 corrado vr6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can fit a new scirocco steering wheel, been done by a few on here. Should think you maybe able to fit atleast a mk6 golf steering wheel to a Corrado. Try a search, good luck, and kept us posted.

Sound I've got the steering wheel now so I will try it tomorrow afternoon and give you an update.

You can fit a new scirocco steering wheel, been done by a few on here. Should think you maybe able to fit atleast a mk6 golf steering wheel to a Corrado. Try a search, good luck, and kept us posted.

Any more info dude?

Sorry for the delay the answer is a mk5 golf steering wheel will fit.64175e807eaa9538bf5a21cafe1a61a7.jpg

Edited by Jono Cox

Sorry guys it's a mk6 gti wheel !

So, not knowing much about golf's, it has to be a Mk 6 GTI to get a flat bottom steering wheel?

Mk7 are flat bottom to. I've also compared it to an R8,S1,S3 and S- line steering wheel which is the same size spindle.

I gather airbag etc has been removed and are you going to use the functions fitted otherwise why would you fit one. I suppose its cheaper than owning a Mk 6 Goof

Just curious... What happens with the airbag? I imagine getting the function buttons working is impossible without the brains from the donor car...

Well I've just got a mk5 gti flat bottom wheel which will be going in soon..looks quite nice hope it suits the interior!

Is there an adapter available to attach to the base of the wheel to give a rotating contact for the horn?

Is there an adapter available to attach to the base of the wheel to give a rotating contact for the horn?

Any thoughts on how the base could be adapted? I've got a contact ring from the standard steering wheel - just cant think how to use it..