StormyTommy

Heater matrix, OEM supplier

1 hour ago, fla said:

The best three brands available I would opt for would be in no order. 

Mahle ( new owners of Hella Refrigeration)

Nissesns 

NRF 

I would also consider the Febi one but most likely is a re branded one. ( hopefully not a topran) 

Annoyingly the LHD matrix is a different part number and you can buy the Valeo for £24.00 from autodoc. As mentioned the RHD has vanished from stock .   

There are x3 RHD oe valeo vag ones left in Germany as I just phoned the dealer to investigate part number 1H2819031B - but wait for it £256.00 for one . They like to load the premium VW hey.  My maths tells me that is a 5 times increase from manufacturer that pretty normal for VW Im afraid - quite an unpleasant company these days and certainly not the peoples car anymore. 

Im hopeful Valeo might remake them as there are  30 cars in the vag range that have the same part number all the big four brands take them. 

Edited by Keyo

Interesting comment on the Febi one - would certainly be a shame if it were a Topran rebrand.

Have you looked for ones for a mk3 Golf? They're exactly the same fitment iirc, and were supposedly an upgrade a few years back as less prone to blowing and likely far more plentiful.

Nissens ones on eBay for less than £23 delivered.

Edited by seanl82

44 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Have you looked for ones for a mk3 Golf? They're exactly the same fitment iirc, and were supposedly an upgrade a few years back as less prone to blowing and likely far more plentiful.

Nissens ones on eBay for less than £23 delivered.

The part number for the Mk3 one is the superseded number for corrado on etka now  .  1H2819031B

https://www.ilcats.ru/vw/?function=getParts&market=RDW&model=GO&modelcode=184&year=1997&group=8&subgroup=819&part=819050&language=en

Here is the latest one from vag still been made by valeo. 2017 manufactured. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283963550055?hash=item421d8be967:g:y5AAAOSwYMFfIrWn

Hey I might ring up skoda tomorrow for the craic and see how much they charge for the oe one. 

Edited by Keyo