Supercharged Junkie

Supercharged Junkies Ride - Updated 8/3/08

just seen this thread.. cars looking 8) in the new forest... whats the idea with the usa windmirror glass... is it tinted or something???

Thanks for the comments :D

Gonna change the boost gauge for a oil pressure gauge mainly due to the fact you can`t really see the boost gauge where it is, so gonna put that up on the a-pillar. Apart from that am really happy at the way it turned out 8)

The USA wing mirrors are blue tinted so it reduces the glare from car lights behind you. They work really well.

if they are the auto guage dials dont they have two inputs for the lights so they are bright and easier to read during the day and then dimmer when you switch the lights on?

Right another little change to the interior, fitted my old auto meter ultra-lite electric boost gauge into a a-pillar pod so now i can see what boost am running :-D

Not happy with the auto gauge gauges, there impossible to read in daylight, the sun reflects off the smoke glass fronts. They look well cool at night but think am gonna take them out and fit some VDO vision volt & oil pressure gauges instead

Some more updates:-

Fitted a richbrook sabre roof aerial

Fitted some spinning anti-theft valve caps (wonder now long they last this time)

Heres a pick of A-pillar boost gauge

Been doing more work on the car this weekend after having last weekend off ;-)

1. Fitted the SWG Twin inlet kit

2. Fitted new silver pedal extensions(last ones were blue, and very wore out)

3. Got a new outside temp sensor (357 919 379A)@£20.73 from VW stealers

re-located temp sensor to cold air feed pipe

4. Re-fitted ISV re-route kit due to boost only going upto 12.5PSI when it was hitting 15PSI before i removed it although found one of the boost pipes half off :oops:

Fitting the twin inlet kit wasn`t too bad, pain in the arse trying to get the pipes aligned correctly. Hardly any room to get the pipes on in the first place.

Had the same concerns as Mike_g60 about the quality of the new airbox cover, feels like cheap plastic but it is well up to the job (i make airboxs for a living, and the one we produce are far strong(thicker) quality)

Also the alternator cover does not fit my alternator, thought it was just catching a bit so trimmed some off only to find it doesn`t line at all with my alternator so had to modify my old one to fit which (i think anyway!) looks better.

Some pics:-

No idea what the twin inlet does, but it looks the business :cool:

Keep it up dude :)

Supercharged Junkie, i was gonna purchase one off those twin inlets,are they worth the dollars?u noticed any diff in performance or sound?

g60greeny too be honest, no haven`t really noticed any difference in performance but you do get a deeper sounding roar from it 8)

Haven`t really tested it much though, will test it out over this week!

Is it worth the money?, Ummm I`ll get back to you on that one, but it does look cool though 8)

just that i'm gettin rid of my jabba induction kit and replacin it with one of these,was hopin i'm makin the right decison?

Well after running the SWG twin inlets for a couple of months now, i would say its nothing special..no noticable power increase, and TBH its not worth the money. The replacement airbox is made of very cheap feeling plastic and couldn`t get the alternator cover to fit and was a little annoyed that they made no effort with metal tube, for the price you would of thought it would of been polished up!

Anyhow been doing a little bit work this weekend

1. Changed the front brake disc and pads, also replaced all the caliper bolts and caliper carriers bolts because they were looking dodgy!

2. I know its a bit Nova-ish but painted the calipers red to clean them up some instead of the rusting brown the normal look!

3. Fitted oil catch tank and re-position fan relays under the expansion tank

tbh you wont really notice an extra 5hp anyway...?

I have to agree with you on the pipe and the airbox tho.... not really £200 worth is it...

my concern on the twin charger is the plastic brackets that fasten to the charger for the hoses,should have been metal,it looks pretty cool though,i did my calipers aswell 2day deffo better red than rusty brown :lol:

is the air temp in the cold air feed different to the temp in the cold air feed for the brakes where the sensor is as standard?

Well my car never had the ducts for the brakes, so the temp sensor was located in the bumper just above the towing eye...of course now i got the RS4 bumper that placement wasn`t an option so moved it to the home made cold air feed duct for the airbox! If thats what you meant?

Have you fitted your shift light yet dude??

Hi Stu, Not as yet...still trying to figure out whats wrong with my central locking.

Car keeps locking me in!, it must really like me :lol:

Probably leave it until after xmas now, getting a bit too cold, wet and damn windy :-D

Hi

Haven`t updated this for a while so thought i`ll bring it up to date

Been at it again with the Tesco`s all-purpose chopping board and made a 3rd console to fit 3 VDO gauges, the Honda starter button and a aftermarket lighter (couldn`t get the light to work on the original :-( )

Updated car specs:-

Bodywork

J 92 Aqua blue pearl effect (LC5U) Corrado G60

Rieger RS4 Front Bumper

Rieger Rear Diffuser

Rieger Rear Window Cover

Mesh Grille

Deep Eyebrow Spoiler

RGM M3 Side Skirts

Stroeve Motorsport RS Rear Spoiler

Engine

G-Werks Stage 4 Charger

BBM RSR Charger Outlet

68mm Pulley

SNS 5.5 No-Lag Chip

3.5 FPR

JMR Ported Throttle Body

BBM Solid Front Engine Mount

Seat Ibiza Gearbox Mount

Redline MT90 Gearbox Oil

Standard Paper Filter In Modified Air Box with Cold Air Feed thru Carbon Cannister Hole

Carbon Cannister and pipe work removed

Supersprint Stainless Steel Exhaust with custom De-Cat Pipe

Chassis

17x7" Wolfrace Street Racer`s (Shadow Chrome)(ET35)

Toyo Proxies T1-R Fronts T1-S Rears

H&R Perfomance Lowering Springs (-30mm)

Boge Turbo Gas Dampers

Black Diamond Front Grooved Discs with Black Diamond Predator Pads (Soon to be changed to EBC Greenstuff)

Standard VW Discs and Pads on rear

Braided Brake Pipes

DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid

Front Strut Brace

Have you fitted your shift light yet dude??

Finally got around to doing that this summer, very good piece of kit

Had issues fitting the led lights because of the DDI gauges were catching them but think i sorted that out the best i could

UPDATE TIME:

Didn`t do alot this summer, and now the car is suffering

THINGS NEEDED TO BE DONE:

Charger overhaul (Booked in to G-Werks on the 7th Feb)

Sunroof Motor needs replacing

Some rust turning up on the rear panel, Pass. side rear panel uner the window and the dirvers side wing needs replacing

Rear brake calipers need replacing, Ordered some MK4 calipers & conversion hoses

Brake fluid change

Windscreen needs replacing

Change front pads for EBC Greenstuff, don`t like the BD predator pads

Hopefully getting Wietec coliovers depending on still having a job mid year :?

and alot more i expect :-(

Happy New Year! :drinking:

Well been busy coulpe of months, got the motivation to do some more stuff to the C

Fitted the MK4 rear calipers and the conversion hoses, easy job too do. striaght swap with old ones, only problem came with when we tried to bleed the brakes, used a eezi-bleed kit twice to completely bleed the system, then the old fashion way with pumping the pedal and still couldn`t get a good pedal feel. The pedal was going half way down before engaging the brakes :( (not good). Managed to sort it out by bleeding the master cylinder :)

Fitted daves16v polished stainless steel gear surround and also changed the gear knob to a Amino leather/carbon one

Had a new windscreen fitted thru the insurance, Autoglass did a good job fitting the windscreen except for the rubber seal is now coming off which isn`t a bad thing because on removing the old screen found some rust :( so got some sealant and will reomve the seals and treat the rust before sealing the rubbers in.

Looks like you've not fitted the surround correctly unless you planned it that way.

The surround should sit flush with the top of the plastic surround. The backing plate looks missing did you fit it?