reggiebaby

Vr with only 3569 miles

Engine bay looks scabby for the mileage, also missing a cap off the windscreen wiper. The other one is really discoloured so guess it's not been stored in a garage.

"when replacing the wiper blades I stupidly dropped the wiper arm and smashed the windscreen in the lower left hand corner so a new windscreen is required"............yeah yeah

Interior looks good no wear on bolsters etc but hard to believe it been kept in storage as claimed based on the paintwork and especially engine bay. Engine bay to me looks like its seen far more mileage. Would be happy to be proved wrong but at this stage slightly sceptical.

The interior looks mint, but I agree it has not been kept in a Carcoon for 20 years. The faded plastics suggest it was outside for years. Perhaps the garage collapsed on top of it!

It looks like he has picked it up off the old lady and trying his luck..... could of been presented better for the money he is asking....what do we recon he paid.....

Wow - those close up details are pretty shocking! You'd need to spend a few grand on sorting the paint out before anything else! :(

You might expect that on a 150k car, but not 3,500 miles!

It looks like he has picked it up off the old lady and trying his luck..... could of been presented better for the money he is asking....what do we recon he paid.....

I suspect at least £10K less than what is being asked, I'm surprised a car with a 4 digit mileage didn't get noticed by any one on here first time around I'm always skimming through classifieds and didn't spot it.

Holy crap! Those close up pics are shocking. There's no way that car has been in a carcoon all its life and then in a heated garage, unless the carcoon was right near the sea and had no top on it

Holy crap! Those close up pics are shocking. There's no way that car has been in a carcoon all its life and then in a heated garage, unless the carcoon was right near the sea and had no top on it

Exactly those extra pics just reinforce my initial doubts, I suspect he has spotted the car festering outside on a drive somewhere and it hadn't moved for years. He has just then chanced his arm with an offer probably around 10% of what he is asking now. From those pics there is No way has that car been carcooned all its life.

that exhaust pipe has seen more fumes through it than 3.5k. Love to know the reg and look at the mot history. It must tell a story.

48 gly

As C5 OEM says, it's lazy trader syndrome. Just picked it up for a song, seen what sorts of prices they are selling for, and trying to make a quick buck. Good chance too with that mileage as it is nuts - never seen one with that kind of mileage. But it's clearly going to need some work :(

As C5 OEM says, it's lazy trader syndrome. Just picked it up for a song, seen what sorts of prices they are selling for, and trying to make a quick buck. Good chance too with that mileage as it is nuts - never seen one with that kind of mileage. But it's clearly going to need some work :(

I think the car itself could be a stunning car in the right hands, one owner, paperwork, lowest miles i`ve ever seen, its just the condition does not reflect the price or the miles/owners....

In regards to current values are they really selling at high prices....? i see chris`s old one still for sale and the other green one at 15k ish... but not selling or sold....

I do believe the corrado has suffered with low values in comparison to other vw`s for years but there has to be a realistic ceiling value on any car....

Even mk2`s have dropped off on prices top end, its just the lower end that has risen due to many being broken and fewer examples....

Thats the way its going I think. No high priced ones are selling but a lot of the tat has hopefully gone so low end has risen. I still maintain there not 5 figures worth unless there is something very special under the bonnet but even then I think back to what I paid for the turbo and what it sold for and it still doesn't sit right with me. Even if this one had been in good condition I still don't think £10k+.

Cars do not like sitting around even in a Carcoon. Ultra low mileage is fine if your not going to add to it so therefore its will just sit, why pay that much for something that just sits around. There is better investments in he car world to be made IMO.