Willybob

Hi & Question

Hi Guys & Girls,

Having been a long time lover of the Carrado I am looking at buying one in the next few months. I am thinking of getting a late 16v model, what things do I need to look at when going to view one?

Hi matey and welcome along.

Cam belt change top of the list, loose inner timing chain, probably benefit with a cleaning of the injectors. Cracked rubber injection meter bellows that cause idle problems, dirty intake funnel, weak, age hardened HT leads, worn/burnt dist. cap and rotor arm, dodgy Hall sender (engine won't rev over 5000rpm) fuel filter change and through service.

Like any other 20+ year old car, there's always something and I haven't even mentioned sunroofs, door handles,suspension Bush's....

I've seen a number with rotten battery trays too. The worst rot can extend through the inner wing.

Welcome! If you have a look in the wiki section there's a good buyers guide too. Good luck with your search!

thanks you for your advice, as it happens someone i know has a G60 for sale which i am going to look at on Saturday, fingers crossed.

If looking at a G60 find out if the charger has been re built. If so by who and when and to what stage if uprated. If it hasn't you might need to factor in the cost if a re build.

The G60 I looked at was nice but a little expensive for me at the moment, I am going to keep my eyes out for a later model 16v.