annavr6

Roof rails/trims

Hi All

I found out some good news for you Corrado owners today. Classic parts are re making roof mouldings. Awesome news, well i got excited :-)

I mailed and they reckon quarter 4 of this year for them to be ready and available. I also dont have prices yet but will update when i do.

Anyway i got excited so had to tell you :cheers:

Great news for sure - but I'm sure karmannski will be a bit hacked off having spent an awful lot of time and money on making reproductions.

Wonder if VW will consider getting the window scraper seals remade next - sure they'd sell a heck of a lot of pairs!

Great news for sure - but I'm sure karmannski will be a bit hacked off having spent an awful lot of time and money on making reproductions.

Wonder if VW will consider getting the window scraper seals remade next - sure they'd sell a heck of a lot of pairs!

I am putting scraper seals to them. We have a left roof trim here which i wanted to re make. Classic beat us to it, i wasnt even aware they were re producing them until today but to me any reproduction is good news as it keeps our beasts on the road a bit longer

Any idea of the a price for a pair as yet Anna??

Thanks.

Hi

I dont know yet but will update when i do. It will be the end of the year when they are ready

Anna,

I don't suppose that Heritage would consider doing reproduction wings by any chance.

Anna,

I don't suppose that Heritage would consider doing reproduction wings by any chance.

if only Oz!!

the current 400 euro a side is eye watering & with the only place i knew doing CF ones no longer trading it is a pickle

Anna,

Problem with this is we need to produce like 1000 to make it worth it. Im not sure that many people need wings. well thats what the boss always says

Problem with this is we need to produce like 1000 to make it worth it. Im not sure that many people need wings. well thats what the boss always says

ha ha ha if that is 500 of each side then i reckon you would be out of stock rapidly if they were a very good price

used ones are in as bad a state as those on the vehicle of people looking for them

replacement ones are a joke of a price from germany & there is no other option

i have even spoken direct with spoonfed tuning about their CF ones but they need to be shipped to a freight forwarding company & then with the import duty they too sky rocket in price

tell your boss that in the UK there is currently pretty much no option at all other than a cut & weld

ha ha ha if that is 500 of each side then i reckon you would be out of stock rapidly if they were a very good price

used ones are in as bad a state as those on the vehicle of people looking for them

replacement ones are a joke of a price from germany & there is no other option

i have even spoken direct with spoonfed tuning about their CF ones but they need to be shipped to a freight forwarding company & then with the import duty they too sky rocket in price

tell your boss that in the UK there is currently pretty much no option at all other than a cut & weld

I will put it to him. We have just got a new panel company so we will see how stuff goes with them. They seem pretty good. We have just sent them the rear end cut of a mk1 golf to make rear quarters

I will put it to him. We have just got a new panel company so we will see how stuff goes with them. They seem pretty good. We have just sent them the rear end cut of a mk1 golf to make rear quarters

good on you anna

we really do appreciate the work you do to help bring us part we all need!!

Surely its better getting Classic Parts Germany to run another late wing and bonnet pressing?

Early stuff is available still and whilst its 400 Euros for a wing (each side) and 250 Euros for a bonnet that's not bad for bits that have lasted for 20+ years.

As for Carbon stuff, someone in the UK was making carbon bits inc a tailgate hatch to complement a bonnet and roof insert - not sure who though and a set of doors alongside front wings would bring it all together nicely!

Surely its better getting Classic Parts Germany to run another late wing and bonnet pressing?

Early stuff is available still and whilst its 400 Euros for a wing (each side) and 250 Euros for a bonnet that's not bad for bits that have lasted for 20+ years.

As for Carbon stuff, someone in the UK was making carbon bits inc a tailgate hatch to complement a bonnet and roof insert - not sure who though and a set of doors alongside front wings would bring it all together nicely!

Last I checked you could only get one side of the early, and 400 euros is quite frankly absurd for a pressed metal piece, especially when the RRP for most wings these days (current models, VW RRP) is between £148 and £180 odd.

I'm aware of economies of scale etc, but that's nearly as much as I bought my G60 for. £200 for a good quality reproduction would be the sweet spot, IMO.

Last I checked you could only get one side of the early, and 400 euros is quite frankly absurd for a pressed metal piece, especially when the RRP for most wings these days (current models, VW RRP) is between £148 and £180 odd.

I'm aware of economies of scale etc, but that's nearly as much as I bought my G60 for. £200 for a good quality reproduction would be the sweet spot, IMO.

Both early types available from VW Classic Parts Germany, their website has a Corrado section in it alongside the part number search - you can obviously order through Heritage in the UK.

I get that 400 Euros is a lot of cash for a part (especially when a bonnets around 250) but having seen the quality of some repro parts over the years there is a good reason they are cheaper - they either don't fit as well or the steel is of a lower grade.

Modern cars are cheaper for wings as they have recognised that easy replacement and fitment is king - also its far easier to produce components to tighter manufacturing tolerances for a reasonable cost.

Corrado bits have always been more expensive than your average Golf part and modern wings are designed to be cheaper to lower insurance and associated running costs for a car.

Ultimately you can buy early wings if you want to; it's also worth noting you would struggle to find a shed of a valver for £400 these days and that's economy of scale too :)

The company who were doing the carbon remakes have gone out of business so I've heard LWS design I think was the company.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Competition is good for customers.

Good news.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

The company who were doing the carbon remakes have gone out of business so I've heard LWS design I think was the company.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

that is correct, LWS are no longer

only option for CF wings i could find was Spoonfed but though their price is good, $600 for a pair, with freight forwarding & import duty they sky rocket

Now confirmed that these are in stock at classic parts. We are ordering them next week so will be about 3 weeks to arrive.

Priced at £124.95 per side, these are now available to pre order.

Not sure if this video will work but here goes...http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5996dac8cfea1/20062682_485328355139637_669918832642490368_n.mp4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

this is great news but holy hell of a cow - £125 per side!!

£250 for a couple of strips of plastic sounds skyscraper :(