VR6 South

Wanted - Fuel Pump for VR6

Went to get my Corrado on the road today. Had to call the AA out as it would not start. Turns out that I need a fuel pump. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Edited by VR6 South

I went to vw to get one a couple of weeks ago and they are discontinued. They showed me some on vw heritage and told me they would fit, but to me they looked like non-vr6 engines codes.

Eurocarparts or gsf list one which looks right and with the discount code it's not too expensive, but i haven't got round to buying it yet

Thanks. I have just ordered the PVM one fro ECP part no 441440541. The pic looks different to the original; however they have confirmed that it is the correct fitment. Came in at £72.14 with discount. Let's hope it fits.

Just make sure it's a 4 bar one for the 2.9 ABV engine, not the 3 bar for the 2.8 AAA. You might have some issues with the housing and the fuel level sender as well, depending on the replacement.

More info towards the end of this thread (red it from the end backwards!):

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?91938-VR6-ABV-crank-position-sensor-question-now-fuel-pressure-issue&highlight=fuel

Yep , as Fender says , you may have problems with the sender depending on , if your car is an early model .

Just make sure it's a 4 bar one for the 2.9 ABV engine, not the 3 bar for the 2.8 AAA. You might have some issues with the housing and the fuel level sender as well, depending on the replacement.

More info towards the end of this thread (red it from the end backwards!):

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?91938-VR6-ABV-crank-position-sensor-question-now-fuel-pressure-issue&highlight=fuel

Thanks for the info. I did ask them to double check. The guy said he cross referenced the OE number to be sure. There's only one way to find out. I'll post the outcome.

Yep , as Fender says , you may have problems with the sender depending on , if your car is an early model .

My car is a later model (94)

After buying two fuel pumps. One from ECP and the other from Ebay which was apparently removed from 1994 VR6, neither of two the pumps fit (they are both the same) Having looked at the one which has just been removed from my car, I need a Peirburg one which is round and not "D" shaped like the two ones I have purchased. The existing pump has the fuel level sender mounted on the side. I am not sure if this is a part of the pump or can it be removed and fitted to another pump?

The upshot is I still need a replacement pump if anyone can help?

Thanks.

After buying two fuel pumps. One from ECP and the other from Ebay which was apparently removed from 1994 VR6, neither of two the pumps fit (they are both the same) Having looked at the one which has just been removed from my car, I need a Peirburg one which is round and not "D" shaped like the two ones I have purchased. The existing pump has the fuel level sender mounted on the side. I am not sure if this is a part of the pump or can it be removed and fitted to another pump?

The upshot is I still need a replacement pump if anyone can help?

Thanks.

Maybe a pic of your original pump would help? The tapatalk app makes posting pics easy

[ATTACH]87116[/ATTACH]

This is the one which has just been removed. The rubber which seems to hold the pump part in situ has disintegrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by VR6 South

[ATTACH]87116[/ATTACH]

This is the one which has just been removed. The rubber which seems to hold the pump part in situ has disintegrated.

Mine did the same, on low tank negotiating a roundabout my car would cut out.

Are you able to disassemble the unit and get to the pump itself ?

There will probably be a part number on there which you might be able to use,

Then try Euro's or Gsf

Are you able to disassemble the unit and get to the pump itself ?

There will probably be a part number on there which you might be able to use,

Then try Euro's or Gsf

I have tried both suppliers with no luck. My thinking is that it may not be a totally sealed unit and the actual pump part can be replaced using one from another pump which doesn't have the fuel sender. This is turning out to be a real pain, for something which should be a straight forward fix.

Mine now has one from GSF fitted, but I want to repair my swirl pot as the GSF pump (Geetech) doesn't run the car as well as the original

Mine now has one from GSF fitted, but I want to repair my swirl pot as the GSF pump (Geetech) doesn't run the car as well as the original

Do you have any details of the GSF one please?

Other than putting my reg number in on their site and the Geetech brand I can't tell you more, it has those rubber clamps on the side whereas the OE is screwed together. It fits in the bayonet connection at the bottom of the tank, but I don't think my car has run as well since.

GSF don't stock a pump for mine currently.

ECP quote Product Code: 441440541 for my reg number

Edited by Dox

After a long hunt I have managed to get a second hand pump. I think new ones are no longer available. The one listed by ECP for a VR definitely doesn't fit.

After another month passing by, I am still without a fuel pump. It's a long story which should hopefully be coming to an end shortly. I may be looking at options of refurbishing a pump if all else fails. I have noticed that the pump itself is supported in the swirl pot by an upper and lower gasket/rubber. I can't seem to find these pitured anywhere. Does anyone know if these are still avaiable or is there a suitable substitute?

After another month passing by, I am still without a fuel pump. It's a long story which should hopefully be coming to an end shortly. I may be looking at options of refurbishing a pump if all else fails. I have noticed that the pump itself is supported in the swirl pot by an upper and lower gasket/rubber. I can't seem to find these pitured anywhere. Does anyone know if these are still avaiable or is there a suitable substitute?

The frustrating part is people have thrown away the swirl pot when their pump failed.

I wonder if a MK4 / TT pump would fit?

I don't think the pump will be an issue as long as it's 4 bar. It's the gaskets which seem to be an enigma. I am debating with crafting some with a CV boot. I think the main purpose of the gaskets/seals is to stop the pump rattling around in the swirl pot.

I don't think the pump will be an issue as long as it's 4 bar. It's the gaskets which seem to be an enigma. I am debating with crafting some with a CV boot. I think the main purpose of the gaskets/seals is to stop the pump rattling around in the swirl pot.

It is, it also stops noise. I meant the whole pump and swirl pot?

It is, it also stops noise. I meant the whole pump and swirl pot?

So my idea may work and it may be better than the paper thin seal at the bottom. Mmmmm!