tony_ack

MOT disaster, sad day

Failed today on a couple of fixable mechanical bits, but also:

Corrosion (5p hole) in nearside front outer sill

Corrosion (looks nasty, spread from jacking point) in nearside front inner sill

Corrosion in nearside rear sill (started on the arch lip, a bit of a gaping hole there now)

They missed a couple of bits on the offside sill too,front and rear of the sill.

I've had the car 7 amazing years, 250k on the clock, but still runs well, just got all the suspension joints replaced, newish brakes, good tyres, so drives pretty sweet. Just spent loads of time getting the sunroof working!

It's a classic green vr6, beige leather, solitudes but is starting to look tired with odd scabs appearing. Front wings are shot. Long term plan was always take it off the road, fix a couple of bits of corrosion, then respiratory, but the corrosion is a lot worse than I thought it would be.

Heart says fix, head says it's too much to take on so cut losses and break, not sure what to do... Any thoughts?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Stick with plan A - will be bit more expensive and take a bit longer but you'll still have a Corrado - plus it looks like you've got a daily driver so even easier.

Definitely worth fixing!!!

Do you not have any mates who can weld? putting a few patches on the underside shouldn't be too difficult (assuming they remain relatively small holes an you dont end up poking a 10x10" square lol)

A few hours of welding, then take the time to give the rest of the underside a thorough going over and apply new underseal. Then hopefully you have caught it just in time and you won't have any issues in the future

Thanks for the advice, I'm up for getting stuck into it... I haven't welded before but every day is a school day... Looking forward to getting it fixed up, not got masses of time, but no pressure to get it done quickly. Shame it will be off the road for a hit, at least it's the right time of year to be doing work on it

Always try to get it fixed up...but if it doesn't work out can I put my name down for the beige interior?! Ta
BILL... that was so cruel........

Oh mate very sad news really sorry to hear that lets hope you can sorted it, but (being cheeky) if you do break could I have the drivers foot rest please. :)

'Vultures are circling'

Indeed there are, but lets face it if you don't ask you miss out! :)

HANDS OFF!!

Hehe Sorry :)