BILLCOR

VR - Very low Miles

Lovely looking car. If only it had leather it may just be perfect! Well, aside from the sunroof not working on a £12.5k Corrado!! The mileage worries me though, that is so low I would be as concerned as with very high mileage. Cars need to be used. The lowest mileage Corrado I have owned (58k miles after 21 years) was the only one I've had that ever even threatened to break down! It had 22 VAG stamps but had trouble starting it and it used to cut out occasionally. It never let me down but just felt like it hadn't been driven enough in recent years. Most of my Corrados have averaged between 4000-7000 miles a year, this seems to be the sweet spot with mileage (providing regular maintenance has also been carried out)..

Having said that I would love to have such a low mileage VR in my garage as well as a daily VR

Edited by Billzeebub

It's virginal, but who wants one of those. .... a car needs to be driven, but I'd love it in my garage too. Even my front room

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nice but checking MOT history, it was MOT'd in 2006 then not until 2016 where it had a monster list of failures. A lot down to corrosion on brake pipes, discs etc so must have been somewhere damp. Also highlighted by the state of the aluminium parts in the engine bay.

Nice but checking MOT history, it was MOT'd in 2006 then not until 2016 where it had a monster list of failures. A lot down to corrosion on brake pipes, discs etc so must have been somewhere damp. Also highlighted by the state of the aluminium parts in the engine bay.

Exactly. I bet this car needs a lot more than £800 to get it to the standard of many on this forum

Oh dear. Another plum abandoning a car outside for 10 years and thinking it's worth a fortune, because - low mileage. "Low mileage" is outmoded because it's irrelevant on any car that doesn't have rope piston rings and steam operated valves. It should be changed to "Low useage", which means the rot has set in. No regular air through the engine or interior. I bet it's foisty like Grandma's wardrobe. Dampers probably partially seized from lack of movement. Flat spots on tyres. Rubber bushes perished. Brake lines rotten. All of it.

I bet the 'recommission service' was trying to get the engine running again :lol:

From the pictures it looks Minty McMintface, but I expect Mr. Bacon is closer to the truth.

I'd agree with the above - I bought mine with 36K on it about 9 years ago, and while the interior and body felt and looked great (nearly new), the car has had its fair share of mechanical issues, including all the usual Corrado points of failure. I've had to replace all the suspension and bushes, brakes, lots of engine sensors and most of the cooling system. Age will catch up with all of these cars, plastic goes brittle and rubber perishes and metal seizes - a car that's been used consistently is far more likely to have items fixed and replaced over the years and be in better running condition.