fla

PayPal issues

PayPal have just blocked my account and asked me to provide photo id a copy of my licence and a utility bill. I called and spoke to them today and said that i was not prepared to do this and that it was unacceptable for them to request this after my account had already been open for over 6 years. Anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it? Any other suggestions? I'd rather not close my account as it is a convenient way to buy online but if that's the only option that's what I'll do.

PayPal have just blocked my account and asked me to provide photo id a copy of my licence and a utility bill. I called and spoke to them today and said that i was not prepared to do this and that it was unacceptable for them to request this after my account had already been open for over 6 years. Anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it? Any other suggestions? I'd rather not close my account as it is a convenient way to buy online but if that's the only option that's what I'll do.

They shouldn't require this information unless someone has hacked or money has been sent/withdrawn in a irregular fashion.

When you sign up the only verification apart from email and phone confirmation is the authentication of funds deposited into your account.

There should be no reason that they need to ask for personal documentation.

.... but PayPal are not a regulated financial institution, so they can do whatever the hell they like. Their terms and conditions, that you agree to every time you sign in or use the service, mean that you don't have a leg to stand on.

Anyway, I believe that as part of European (and British) law fraud regulations require them to watch large fund transfers.

I would ask you what you bought/sold that triggered their fraud sweep? And why the hell is your *driving* license relevant?

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Don't talk to me about Paypal. It's actually nigh on impossible to actually talk to them too. Their customer service is ****! But, then in their opinion they probably don't need to worry about customer service with the business model they have. My Paypal account has been blocked for a couple of years now and I initially suspected a corrupted account, but have given up trying to figure it or them out. My girlfriend has also recently had muchos problems with them. Absolutely useless when anything goes on.

You're spot on there Bill! Did you have any money there? Problem is I have, I stupidly didn't transfer it to my bank account.

I had to do this years ago after some suspicious activity surrounding my account. However I actually had over 800 quid stole out my bank via paypal at the time. Once I gave them proof of my identity they replaced all the money. Given how much fraud that goes on through paypal these days it's not surprising they are asking for identification.

Seems to be a necessary evil these days... they're not the best, had to call them a few times, which was like pulling teeth!... but how else would I get cash to Lilfuzzer? :D LOL!

You're spot on there Bill! Did you have any money there? Problem is I have, I stupidly didn't transfer it to my bank account.

I rarely use it, and when I do, I make sure it's for small amounts only. But precisely what you just said - transfer the money out of PP the second you get it. Better it in your bank than theirs.

I think some context is missing from your story because the others said, financial institutions don't just randomly ask for proof of id without a reason.

If a fraudster can gain access to your Paypal account, it generally means they are looking to gain access and remove cash from your actual bank account. Given the amount of fraud going on the internet these days it's of no surprise paypal are constantly asking for extra security measures to ensure your account is secure. After all if money goes missing it's on them and they are duty bound to replace it.

Seems to be a necessary evil these days... they're not the best, had to call them a few times, which was like pulling teeth!... but how else would I get cash to Lilfuzzer? :D LOL!

Haha come for a visit instead Giles

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Haha come for a visit instead Giles

LOL!

I'm thinking beers and Corrado spares! ;)

LOL!

I'm thinking beers and Corrado spares! ;)

Sounds good 😊