splinterz1@yahoo.com

Abs.

Had the dash out to replace the heater blower fan. All good eventually.

Now all the dash is back in the ABS light is illuminated. Any suggestions why this may be?

Or was there always a fault and I’ve just highlighted it. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just had problems with my abs. Check fuses are ok behind the glove box and test there getting power with s multimeter. Also test the relays. My problem was the ecu was water damaged so didn't work. But should be something minor if it was working before you took the dash out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

56b8a0ebd0b21f2f808c65f86773fe55.jpg995de19e6b0dd28a5c214795d77be71b.jpg1de9322798bb6bedd2a182980f234ee2.jpg6b66115ff3242fc8a134651d9d5bae5c.jpg

HELP please. What are my options, can I drive it ?

Is it a new ecu or pump. Bit panicky cause I’ve got it booked for a track day end of Feb. Any suggestions very welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swapping the pump got rid of my inlet / outlet valve faults. I had 7 faults and I suspect it was down to a power supply issue within the pump

Try disconnecting battery neutral only, and then re-connect a few minutes later, this should reset ABS ECU.

Also check pump mounted resistor is intact and connected

Mine was £30 used bought off this forum 5 years ago. I believe the wiring will just reach a substitute pump without removing the old one for testing before swapping it out

Those faults are unlikely to be ECU related, but are more commonly on issue with the ABS pump unit itself. Either a stuck valve solenoid or damage to the loom connector and printed circuit board. If the ECU was damaged you probably wouldn't be reading any fault codes from it. The pumps can be tested, and if repairable, refurbished by the likes of BBA-Reman. Alternatively you could just chance a second-hand unit. They were still available new from VAG the last time I checked, but at the price of a new car!

Got mine refurbished at BBA, 180 quid or thereabouts I think it was

I had a similar problem with my previous Corrado. I changed the brake fluid and this solved the problem.