Jim Bowen

Anyone for Schimmel 263's, Group Buy?

I'm wanting to buy some schimmel 263 VR6 Cams. Just spoke to Vince @ Stealth and he doesn't have any in stock at the moment.

But if a few people want some he will order them in, not sure on cost yet until he has a number of how many want them.

So does anyone else want some at the moment?

I could be in Jim , depending on price . Saying that , you don’t get anything special with a TSR pack A racing head do you ?. I presume the previous owner just had the head fitted along with new chains .

Yes Jim . Sorry I didn’t explain it that well. I have a TSR head . The invoice says pack A head and replace chains , but I wasn’t sure if TSR just put the original cams back in from the old head or some different cams that came with the new one ?. I doubt if there’s anything special in there but I dont know for sure . I bought the car from a friend, it was the owner before him that had the work done. I doubt if they have the paperwork now , it was done in 2001. The head , chains and labour was £2800.00.

I'm wanting to buy some schimmel 263 VR6 Cams. Just spoke to Vince @ Stealth and he doesn't have any in stock at the moment.

But if a few people want some he will order them in, not sure on cost yet until he has a number of how many want them.

So does anyone else want some at the moment?

I would be interested, again depending on price. If I fit them myself, has anyone got a rough idea of how much more I’m likely to spend on parts to do the job?

If the price is right count me in. The only current alternatives I can find are from a german company called RSR on ebay, but I'd rather not spend £350+ on a pair of unknowns

Hi Jim,

Could definitely be interested at the right price. Is this for cams only or the whole package, i.e. Vince fitting the cams, remap if applicable etc?

At the moment i only asked about supplying them as i'd fit my own.

Tjinny: I can't think of any extra parts required. Probably some lube to fit them. I guess it depends on your engine etc, might be worth checking out timing chain tensioners and renewing rocker cover gasket.

At the moment i only asked about supplying them as i'd fit my own.

Tjinny: I can't think of any extra parts required. Probably some lube to fit them. I guess it depends on your engine etc, might be worth checking out timing chain tensioners and renewing rocker cover gasket.

Great thanks Jim.

Hi Virdee

Nah, i haven't rung stealth back yet, been spending money on other bits at the moment and been in middle of buying/looking at new cars to replace the daily.

I do still want some though.