35 34jezr

36 Corrado16ved

37 kingKenny100

38 peacedub

39 kalzter

40 Storm Warning

41 1.8tCorrado

Can we get beyond 50!

Without trawling back through the thread for the answer, are we trying to build are large list , so classic will make them or has someone found a company that will make them ?.

Yes, trying to get as big a list as possible to prove to classic parts they are in demand and there is a market for a new batch.

I'll take a set too/add to the list

1 ChrisL

2 Cressa

3 Robrado974

4 VW rule

5 Todge

6 1xshaunx1

7 VR6 South (potentially)

8 Ferny427

9 Corroda

10 Neil20vtc

11 Culshaw

12 Ferarrifeet

13 Dragon green

14 STU175

15 fendervg

16 jonnyHull

17 easypops

18 Erallus

19 James

20 blue95

21 volksworld13

22 spen

23 ger040

24 Keyo

25 g0ldf1ng3r

26 StueyB

27 Krishen

28 Mystic Rado

29 gotvach

30 edd (drivers side)

31 ben_wooduk (drivers side)

32 JamieG60Davison

33 Billzeebub

34 akacheesy

35 34jezr

36 Corrado16ved

37 kingKenny100

38 peacedub

39 kalzter

40 Storm Warning

41 1.8tCorrado

42. pfnsht

Afternoon chaps and ladies . I’ve been enquiring today about the window scraper manufacturer. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes though. The company are happy for me to send my brand new part to them , which is the passenger side . This according to them can be flipped on the 3D machine. They will then give me a costing for a mould and manufacture . The cost of the mould is the expensive part . Just thought I’d let everyone know and your thoughts please .

Kind regards

Rob

Afternoon chaps and ladies . I’ve been enquiring today about the window scraper manufacturer. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes though. The company are happy for me to send my brand new part to them , which is the passenger side . This according to them can be flipped on the 3D machine. They will then give me a costing for a mould and manufacture . The cost of the mould is the expensive part . Just thought I’d let everyone know and your thoughts please .

Kind regards

Rob

I started the exact same process with NUFOX, on closer inspection they were not ideally suited to making a rubber with the metal inners as per the scraper. Also they would ultimately they would have to cut my new samples up to get it right! They have been trying on my behalf to contact the original manufacturer without luck, would take a lot of pain from process if tooling still exists. Starting a fresh, the moulding and minimums will indeed be expensive... I was willing to take a risk on that but would be much better if a company did :-) I've asked them for the details of the manufacturer and I'll post up here so that we are not covering the same ground twice. You won't be stepping on any toes, we all have a common goal and working together would be for the best :-)

I commend anyone trying to get these re-manufacturer, great work people, we may get there in the end!

My instincts tell me if Classics remade the the roof gutters then they will make these as well, as mentioned though as long as we can provide evidence that they are in demand.

A way forward with obsolete parts might be to contact classics then start a similar thread like Chris L did for these scrapers, as the thread in itself is evidence even better then a list of names , the link to the thread should be sent to to classics alongside the list of names IMO, also if you can get other countries with Corrado clubs and forums to run the same thread at the same time and then send the evidence of demand together to classics that will have some clout.

Edited by Keyo

I’ve just re read your post Storm. Cutting up the original, that doesn’t sound good!. It can’t do any harm for me to send the sample part, they may come good .

Updated

1 ChrisL

2 Cressa

3 Robrado974

4 VW rule

5 Todge

6 1xshaunx1

7 VR6 South (potentially)

8 Ferny427

9 Corroda

10 Neil20vtc

11 Culshaw

12 Ferarrifeet

13 Dragon green

14 STU175

15 fendervg

16 jonnyHull

17 easypops

18 Erallus

19 James

20 blue95

21 volksworld13

22 spen

23 ger040

24 Keyo

25 g0ldf1ng3r

26 StueyB

27 Krishen

28 Mystic Rado

29 gotvach

30 edd (drivers side)

31 ben_wooduk (drivers side)

32 JamieG60Davison

33 Billzeebub

34 akacheesy

35 34jezr

36 Corrado16ved

37 kingKenny100

38 peacedub

39 kalzter

40 Storm Warning

41 1.8tCorrado

42 pfnsht

43 GUS

If anyone can get them made elsewhere that would be great. I’m sure classic parts did a run of the seals not long ago so by growing this list and sending them it, along with a link to the thread I’m hoping to get them to do another run.

If they sold a pair for £300 and we can get to at least 50 people then surely £15k is an easy profit. I’m surprised heritage aren’t looking at these.

£300 folks are hoping less half then that for a pair. Well I Am anyway! The roof gutters cost that much and are a lot more complex and larger. Think originally they were about a £100 for a pair ?

Edited by Keyo

I’ve just re read your post Storm. Cutting up the original, that doesn’t sound good!. It can’t do any harm for me to send the sample part, they may come good .

I sent a new scraper as a sample...I was going to send an old one for sacrifice if it came to it!

£300 folks are hoping less half then that for a pair. Well I Am anyway! The roof gutters cost that much and are a lot more complex and larger. Think originally they were about a £100 for a pair ?

I paid £55 from heritage a year ago for a passenger side one.

would be interested if price is in the £50 each ballpark

I knew I was basing the price on something I'd seen before! As Kieren says above, £300 is steep, but I would go for it at half that.

£300 was just a pure finger in the air!

Don't give them ideas Chris or they might even add a nifty to that amount :smug:

Don't give them ideas Chris or they might even add a nifty to that amount :smug:

Well mine are knackered and if it means paying that much for a new pair then so be it!

VW Classic Parts definitely had a batch remade of the passenger side outer window scraper rubber seal, this was possibly sometime in 2012 or early 2013, I know this as I purchased one in October of 2013, when they become available through VW Heritage, think I paid roughly £60

Classic Parts may well do another batch run of these seal/s, but just depends how much interest is required until they agree anything, or if they've still got the original tooling available.

I'm sure there's an old thread from 2017 about VW Classic Parts, looking into getting the roof rubber strips remade,

to cut a long story short, they basically tracked down and found the original tooling machine, that was close to being sold off for scrap metal, Classic Parts purchased it and overhauled it to it's forma glory to reproduce the roof rubber strips.

Regarding price this really depends how many get reproduced, if it's 500 sets or above then possibly similar price as before £50 to £60 per each seal, but if only a small batch is done say 100 sets then they'll be more expensive unfortunately.

VW Heritage will only help or reproduce an item/s if they fit the MK2 and MK3 Golfs as well as our Corrado's, otherwise they're not interested as it'll be such low profit for them, but in saying that they did reproduce the headlight covers because they're a low cost item, Anna did say she had to battle with her boss to even get those reproduced, and that's a low cost item.

They did reproduce the fuel neck support bracket, but like I say that's only because it also fit's the MK2 and MK3 Golfs, plus the quantity was roughly 1000 so the retail price was below £30

Hopefully VW Classic Parts will respond with good news, otherwise we're all going to have to chip in financially, to get them reproduced our selves.

Si

Edited by vw rule

This was one of my concerns when I spoke to a company about it Si . The cost of selling them at a decent price is difficult because the batch has to be large .

Hi Rob Yeah I know it's a nightmare,

especially when you mention the name CORRADO, the price/s sky rocket.

We're lucky to a certain extent that quite a lot of the Corrado is shared with the MK2 & MK3 Golfs, but that only helps us slightly getting our foot in the door, it's walking through and being able to purchase obsolete items, that's the major issue as all we hear is sorry it's just not cost effective for small quantities.

I'm just hoping VW Classic Parts can do something.

Si

I understand Classic Parts and Heritage are looking at it from a business point of view, as regards to costing of reproduction and selling price/s.

I myself work for Hey Dude Shoes we're basically the UK's main distributor of this brand, through out the UK and Europe,

our products get made in bulk mostly in China, so we can afford the production costs as such large volumes are produced, which are reflected in the selling price/s.

But with our Corrado's the market is so so small in comparison, it's much harder to gain the interest at the beginning when speaking to these manufacturer companies, they either want to produce only the requested amount, which will result in high retail prices, or are scared of having stock left unsold if large batches are made.

Si