BarryNL

What are these bolts for?

I revised the engine, gearbox and subframe of my Corrado VR6. Everything is back in place. I marked allmost all my bolts recept these two identical ones. I have no idea where to put them. Any ideas?

The bolts are 50mm long metric8 about 2 centimeters is unthreaded

11jujw3.jpg

VR6 photo

[attach=config]95182[/attach]

others

[attach=config]95183[/attach]

Steer rack parts photo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95184[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps

Edited by GrahamV

M8 x 50, I’m guessing as I’m away from home and my paperwork but I’d say they’re the steering rack bolts. I’ve had the rack out loads of times recently and hate those bolts!!!

M8 x 50, I’m guessing as I’m away from home and my paperwork but I’d say they’re the steering rack bolts. I’ve had the rack out loads of times recently and hate those bolts!!!

Now that I've taken a better look i.e. not on my phone, they look more like the secondary front crossmember bolts, item number 6 on the VR6 Photo posted by GrahamV above. That has two M8 bolts and four M10 bolts, the M8s hold the crossmember in place when the bumper is removed but the M10s secure it and also fix the front bumper brackets in place.

I agree with the above. Should be 3 bolts into the cross member that holds the engine mount on each end, 2 big ones hold it all together inc. bumper the one keeps the member in place when just removing the bumper.