Keyo

Shrick VGI advice

Hi looking for a bit of Shrick knowledge off a fellow member so thanks in advance.

The round solenoid valve centre of manifold is lifting a 4000 rpm as it should.

However I noticed one of the hoses is not connected to anything is this correct ? .

I have attached a picture and circled the hose in question.

Cheers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95741[/ATTACH]

Mate, I'm just too jealous of that to be able to help, but someone will post up the answer

Well there is not one out there for sale at the moment ( standalone) but I noticed there is one for sale on a green VR6 on ebay. You could always put an offer on the car and then swop the inlet manifold and sell it on ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-VR6-SCHRICK/352570281486?hash=item5216d38e0e:g:JLoAAOSwUu5cAjde:rk:1:pf:0

I think the hose is either meant to be attached to the brake server or its some kind of air escape????????

I have the original reciept from Stealth it was fitted in 2003 alongside a load of other stuff, Im not sure if the bill was just Labour as I know the Shrick cost a couuple of grand on its own. The bhp is running at 220 with chip apparently. So it could be with parts and labour the guy spent over 8 k on it in one foul swoop which was alot of bloody money in 2003 and still is .

The shocks are now shot or just to harsh for my taste and the exhaust is a bit tatty. Got a Milltek catback, Bilstein plus eibach springs ready to fit.BMC has been taken off and replaced with an orinal airbox I sourced.

Notice it says vsr not vgi im sure he just misdecribed it or the owner went from a VSR to a VGI manifold a some point .

Attached original reciept out of interest.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95747[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

That hose should be connected to the car's vacuum system somewhere I would say - usually done with a t-piece connector, but hopefully someone who actually runs one of these will be along soon and explain. You could also give Vince at Stealth a ring - he's usually very helpful.

Thanks Fen,

Think I have sorted it out, the hose can move only so far in the engine bay becuase of the legnth, and I found a nipple that must have something to to do with the brakes as its attached to the abs pump and the hose fitted on correctly . Please let me know if this is wrong fellow members. Thanks

Attached picture

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95749[/ATTACH]

No, it definitely doesn't fit on that! Thats the bleed nipple for the brake slave cylinder, so unless you wan't brake fluid inside your nice new shiney Schrick, I'd say don't connect it to that!

Ill contact Stealth and see what he says but it does say on the instructions to attach the open hose to the brake server.

Ha glad I checked first Ive pulled it off and called Vince, going to pop down there this saturday, pretty excited to get it up and running correctly to see what the difference the shrick makes.

The Reservoir is attached to a T junction hose that goes to vacum pipe from the brake server so just got to get this open hose connected somewhere !

Edited by Keyo

Right I have sorted it, the hose I circled was not the hose that was lose, the hose I circled is actualy joined to vacum hose in a T formation as another member mentioned:bonk:, the loose hose just fell out of the back of the reservoir and now connected. Still going to see Vince to check everything is running ok because it might have a dogy flap like my ex.

Edited by Keyo

No, it definitely doesn't fit on that! Thats the bleed nipple for the brake slave cylinder, so unless you wan't brake fluid inside your nice new shiney Schrick, I'd say don't connect it to that!

Its the clutch slave (not brake, not being pedantic, just trying to stop confusion for the OP)

Yes it is the clutch slave and you would have to undo the bolt for anything to come out, all sorted now lads fitted anew cam sensor and shrick working, car is driving lovley.

Its the clutch slave (not brake, not being pedantic, just trying to stop confusion for the OP)

Yes you are......

:lol:

Keyo, anychance that you could post up pictures of this connection and where all the other parts fit. I'm curious for the future.

Keyo, anychance that you could post up pictures of this connection and where all the other parts fit. I'm curious for the future.

Yes sound Cressa no problem, if your based in and around the Midlands your welcome to see the set up in the skin.

Sounds like a grear road trip to me. I work in Notts so not too far off

Sounds like a grear road trip to me. I work in Notts so not too far off

Sound mate my cars going in for some work next week and should have it back in a couple of weeks , when are you thinking about installing the Shrick ? Is your Rado on the road now ?

We was on about having a Midlands meet in Straford Upon Avon later this summer at Caffine and Machine , or your welcome to come and see the Shrick set up earlier if you want to fit it sooner .