petemcr

Spare ISV for testing

Might be a long shot but does anyone have a VR6 ISV that they know works knocking around they would be willing to sell.

I am looking at getting a new one at some stage but I just want to test the ISV is failing at this position my before I shell out for a new one, or if anyone knows a good way to test the current one, I have VAG Com and I'm sure there's a way to manually open the ISV using it but can't remember where the option is

Cheers

You an also operate the isv manually by applying 12v directly to.the two spade connectors. You'll feel the isv buzz and the flap will (should)open fully. It will then close fully on removal of the power source.

You an also operate the isv manually by applying 12v directly to.the two spade connectors. You'll feel the isv buzz and the flap will (should)open fully. It will then close fully on removal of the power source.

Will this show it's working correctly? I thought they could still stick even if they can open fully

Yeah I bought one. The symptoms were worse than my original so I sent it back for a replacement, but the replacement was almost as bad. I ended up just cutting my losses and bought a known good second hand one.

Ill make sure ill never buy one them then thanks for sharing ! There is an intermoto one for £200 and something not sure Ive heard of the brand though . What are peoples thought of the JP Group Danish outfit , I have purchased a Mass sensor a while back with no issues and today purchased a starter motor manafacturd by them .

Will this show it's working correctly? I thought they could still stick even if they can open fully

It coukd stick if the flap is not well or properly lubricated using a light oil. You can also move it by hand to check the operation is smooth.

Good to know the eBay ones aren't worth getting, I was debating them but at least they're known to be no good, back to the drawing board. Will need to test the one that's on now but I'm pretty sure its no good, replaced it with a used one a while back and it's been stood for some time

Awesome, life saver

How much do you want fella?

Call it a tenner plus pnp . If you still need it pm me your details and I will send it to you .

This one might be a bit better quality as cost in the fifties(make an offer) and a 4 year guarantee descirbed as heavy duty , never heard of the brand though but manufactured in Germany .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKV-GERMANY-HEAVY-DUTY-AIR-SUPPLY-IDLE-CONTROL-VALVE-VW-AUDI/263976793113?epid=24016566482&hash=item3d763e3419:g:4a8AAOSwt6NbuKYn:rk:8:pf:0

Also can still get a Bosch one brand new but at a cost ha.

https://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/en/Idle-Stabilizer-Valve-ISV-VW-VR6-Corrado-Golf-III-Passat-Vento/Jetta

Early VR6 dont have the PVC Valve I beleive maybe they dont work as well these fitted god knows.

Not sure if the ISV is used straight away or if it goes off once fast idle goes off but I just started it with the pipe off that had the valve opening behind and there was no movement from it, which I guess means it's definitely had its day