delfinis38

Davina air con

Rude..  ha, no chance mate. I'm going on nights. One night this week hopefully 

This is the relay. I think it's a special. I've ordered a second hand one from Ebay (Lithuania) but I'm not sure if it will be any better than the one I've got so I'd like to get hold of a new one if poss. You seem to be able to get similar units but without the coil diodes which I guess is what the -X242 signifies. If all else fails I'll get a standard relay and add the diodes to it.

I saw the post on the Trinary switch.

I got one from www.airconcoltd.com part number 6204310S1A if anyone else is doing an aircon rebuild. (Bloody expensive!)

I got the rest of the kit from Autodoc.

Compressor NRF Part number 32805G

Condenser NRF Part Number 35027

Dryer (from Ebay) Hella Part number 8FT 351 199-011

The condenser was a larger unit than the original but I managed to shoe horn it in.

I've added a couple of photos of the front with most of the new parts fitted. Just the dryer missing which I had to make a bracket up for.

The pipework needed to change a little as the Condenser inlet and outlet are on opposite sides but the original pipes were long enough. 

Hope this helps anyone doing the same work.

IMG_4581-1a.jpg

IMG_4585-1.jpg

IMG_4586-1.jpg

IMG_4591-1.jpg

IMG_4429.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG

Looking good. Your condensor certainly does look more substantial than the original, but that is still available as it is universal. Harrison brand. But I do like yours as it looks more OE

It’s all back together now. It started with needing to replace the oil cooler but once you get the front out one thing leads to another .........

Just trying to get the electrics on the aircon a little more reliable. I’ve got a circuit diagram for the system if anyone needs a copy. It’s just sourcing the parts that’s a little difficult.

38 minutes ago, gazc said:

It’s all back together now. It started with needing to replace the oil cooler but once you get the front out one thing leads to another .........

Just trying to get the electrics on the aircon a little more reliable. I’ve got a circuit diagram for the system if anyone needs a copy. It’s just sourcing the parts that’s a little difficult.

I would love a copy of the wiring diagram. I did remove alot of my connections/clean /squash then refit them. And although it still works I dont trust its reliability 

I only had the first page of this so thats very useful Gaz, thanks. 

Hasan 

On 7/27/2020 at 5:10 PM, Cressa said:

Here is a picture of the aircon pressure switch, with part no. Should anyone ever need it. Took a month to arrive after going through a Webasto dealer

Webasto 62043101S1A20200727_165944.jpg

Great stuff Cressa. Part numbers and pics always help especially for the elusive aircon spares

22 hours ago, gazc said:

It's only a scanned copy but I've found it useful. Hope it helps.

Diavia_Aircon_diagram.pdf 2.73 MB · 10 downloads

That is what I saw a long time ago, yet could not find now. Thanks for that 👍

13 hours ago, fla said:

Great stuff Cressa. Part numbers and pics always help especially for the elusive aircon spares

4 week wait for a part seems worth it when it all works first time

They look like mk3?

Here’s mine
8f4d697147ce3934bb993418b3fb5162.jpg

ABS light moves to the light switch area

9ac0c64d1344d3a922766f833735d90d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

I have that switch in a box somewhere.  If you had  LHD corrado heater controls,  then it clips in perfectly underneath into it. I thought it would work on our RHD ones , but unless it was glued in it's a No No. 

They fit just above the cigarette lighter point and needs the correct trim to go with it. 

I did create a harness to go from this and into the diavia,  so maybe one day I will achieve this. 

Dox, I have fitted the MK3 golf switches into mine as I found them sturdier than the Diavia. It was a head scratcher tho !!

41 minutes ago, Cressa said:

I have that switch in a box somewhere.  If you had  LHD corrado heater controls,  then it clips in perfectly underneath into it. I thought it would work on our RHD ones , but unless it was glued in it's a No No. 

They fit just above the cigarette lighter point and needs the correct trim to go with it. 

I did create a harness to go from this and into the diavia,  so maybe one day I will achieve this. 

Dox, I have fitted the MK3 golf switches into mine as I found them sturdier than the Diavia. It was a head scratcher tho !!

If you can buy the trim no 9 on diagram would it not work ?  535919383E'

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/schalter-klimaanlage-corrado.html

Edited by Keyo

56 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Worth an ask. Did passats have them there...?

Only for a Corrado Im afraid for all markets. 

Cressa? How did you remove the blower motor? Mine has become very noisy. Stupidly i also removed one of the long mounting screws which looks like it goes into some kind of loose captive nut, which i cant seem to find now!

Also, the thermostat with the thermocouple - on mine the thermocouple has broken off right by the switch. Just wondering it its even needed - i believe its just to prevent icing on the condensor. Is it ok to just join the two green wires or could it be replaced with a standard thermostat used for eg a freezer?

Thanks

Hasan

20220509_200919.jpg

Edited by fla

I removed mine after I had removed the whole blower unit.... I can't remember if it is possible to get to all of the fixings from below. I will try and look for some more pictures 

Screenshot_20220510-095103_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-095130_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-095142_Gallery.jpg

56cd2ed0dbb0f4db983c4985a6c12505.jpg

What do you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks. Managed to remove it and take the fan out. Its a really messy install and I'll try and improve how it goes back. Bearings in mine were ok, just needed a bit of lube. Fan was slightly dirty.

Dox - I'm looking to replace the thermostat which has the two green wires going to it. The thermocouple has broken off just at the thermostat. I'm wondering if it is indeed necessary (i believe it is related to icing) and if so if a standard fridge thermostat can be used

Davina. Is that a new make I’m yet to hear of ? 😄

Mine keeps blowing a fuse, so it’s looking like I’ll also need a new fan also. I remember it having an Audi part number on it. How about yours ? These installs seem to utilise cobbled parts at best.

Made some progress in mine - removed the motor from the mount by loosening the mounting bolt. Its just an interference fit so a few taps with the mallet and it was out. Removed the vanes by tapping them.off. I put the motor between two blocks.of wood and tapped the centre with a centre punch. 

Cleaned the bearings and applied some lube. Seems very nice and smooth now. I'll test it with 12v and see how.it sounds. 

Fitted new rivets (one was upside down but i didnt have any spares so have left it, hopefully wont foul the fan..)

20220510_202244.jpg

20220510_202257.jpg

20220511_170348.jpg

20220511_175623.jpg

20220511_175630.jpg

20220511_170426.jpg

20220511_180210.jpg

20220511_180452.jpg

20220511_170345.jpg