Keyo

Black magic returns home

Bit of an update on Black Magic mini build. 

Closing in on the finishing line. 

O2a gearbox is been built up with the VWMS 5 + 6 add on . 

I also stumbled across this lone pair of nos Zender side skirts from Australia which I want just to give the car a bit more Aero width along side the spoonfed extended spoiler. I tell you what though wouldn't an early g60 Zender build be a great project minus the over spoiler for me though anyone got one in the UK .  Has anyone got a set of these Zender skirts think there might be a couple of types knocking about 

Im also a big fan of Goldfinger Kamei X! kit which his aware of ha. 

It would be rude to not add an X1 Kamei - its look real classy - one with the mobile phone from 1990 or 91 brochure. 

zender.jpg

zender1.jpg

zender2.jpg

zender3.jpg

zender4.jpg

kameix.jpg

Edited by Keyo

As someone who would never consider a bodykit the top ones are nice and subtle and i would consider that for mine. However the grille badge placement is giving me the sweats.

A just seen you went on a strip to St Albans - you should have nipped in for a cuppa! 

Kamei and zender, perfect bit of kit and look great on a red motor. A quality addition to your car too 👍👍

19 hours ago, Keyo said:

Bit of an update on Black Magic mini build. 

Closing in on the finishing line. 

O2a gearbox is been built up with the VWMS 5 + 6 add on . 

I also stumbled across this lone pair of nos Zender side skirts from Australia which I want just to give the car a bit more Aero width along side the spoonfed extended spoiler. I tell you what though wouldn't an early g60 Zender build be a great project minus the over spoiler for me though anyone got one in the UK .  Has anyone got a set of these Zender skirts think there might be a couple of types knocking about 

Im also a big fan of Goldfinger Kamei X! kit which his aware of ha. 

It would be rude to not add an X1 Kamei - its look real classy - one with the mobile phone from 1990 or 91 brochure. 

zender.jpg

kameix.jpg

thanks as always Keyo 😉 lol

ive got the Kamei eyebrow as well but unfortunately it wouldnt fit as the bottom edge of the carbon bonnet must be slightly over compared to OE - i might put it back on the 16v which is where i stole it from

funny how you mention the Zender over spoiler - guess what i got out the loft a couple of weeks ago 😉 LOL

out of interest, did you know the X1 kit was wind tunnel tested for aero efficiency.  i have a sales add pic for it somewhere on my phone

On 4/20/2021 at 10:18 PM, Keyo said:

Finally managed to get a set of Sebrings minus the caps after the sebring split rim industry is swallowing the whole stoke like a fishing trawler. . 

Took the MK2 200 mile round trip to St Albans tonight and she didnt miss abeat- used only a third of a tank and flowed in with the motorway traffic - was a very sunny evening great to get out. 

The sebrings caps x4 can be purchased off this seller for 50 euro for x4 (will need primer and paint) who I know well have purchased a few itmens off him before in regards to votex consoles. He is also making Corrado window scrapers at x2 for 50 euros. 

Also worth noting my bumper and plastics after 6 weeks of Wruth plastic dye- awesome product. 

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/792002994743550/?ref=share_attachment

mk20.jpg

mk21.jpg

its funny how things come around again 

Years ago i was offered a set of these for £60 and a set has appeared near to me for £450 complete and i must admit they do look good on a mk2 golf (better than a corrado!)

On 4/20/2021 at 10:18 PM, Keyo said:

Finally managed to get a set of Sebrings minus the caps after the sebring split rim industry is swallowing the whole stoke like a fishing trawler. . 

Took the MK2 200 mile round trip to St Albans tonight and she didnt miss abeat- used only a third of a tank and flowed in with the motorway traffic - was a very sunny evening great to get out. 

The sebrings caps x4 can be purchased off this seller for 50 euro for x4 (will need primer and paint) who I know well have purchased a few itmens off him before in regards to votex consoles. He is also making Corrado window scrapers at x2 for 50 euros. 

Also worth noting my bumper and plastics after 6 weeks of Wruth plastic dye- awesome product. 

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/792002994743550/?ref=share_attachment

mk20.jpg

mk21.jpg

Years ago i was offered a set of these for £60 and a set has appeared near to me for £450 complete and i must admit they do look good on a mk2 golf (better than a corrado!)

Assume it is almost impossible to find any of the zender/kamei kits these days? Quite like that red one now....

The only time I have seen them are on breakers cars in Europe- 

Ebay ebay kleinanzeigen

If you google corrado Kamei 

corrado Zender 

There is a silver breakers car in Germany on there that has some zender parts and some BBS RM with missing caps- also has a Kamei kit minus front and rear bumper . 

Something normally comes up but its rare to see a complete kit - the front splitters got damaged a lot. Its a shame so many shit kits are out there and not one of them could make a copy kit of Kamei the dumb ass holes. 

Problem with the site is a lot of the Germans are not very trusting and dont accept paypal - I just ordered a Right) side grab handle A pillar upper trim (passenger LHD) because I like a grab handle on drivers side.  

Edited by Keyo

16 hours ago, MJA said:

Assume it is almost impossible to find any of the zender/kamei kits these days? Quite like that red one now....

they are rather rare to say the least

ive owned corrado's for 21 years & only ever seen a handful of the Kamei kits - 2 of which i own lol

last full kit i saw for sale was from a post in the US in 2012 & was up for $1400

i was extremely lucky with the kit on the VR6 as goldie on here somehow had one in his loft & let me take it off him - which is also where the Zender over spoiler i have came from too

i even phone Kamei direct quite a few years ago & they checked their factory stores but sadly they didnt have any stashed away

18 hours ago, ger040 said:

Ohh and 400 percent profit - not bad. ha.  You can buy some really good copies of the caps now For 70 euro including postage so if you can grab a cap less set for a bargain its worth it - mine cost £ 200.00 and caps 70 euro. 

Just now, ger040 said:

id bet its the alarm sticker thats fitted to the rear quarter  . 

Coul be it has the sticker dimensions on the description . 

On 5/6/2021 at 8:18 PM, Keyo said:

Something normally comes up but its rare to see a complete kit - the front splitters got damaged a lot. Its a shame so many shit kits are out there and not one of them could make a copy kit of Kamei the dumb ass holes. 

the advert pic i mentioned m8

FB_IMG_1604780571846.jpg

30 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

the advert pic i mentioned m8

FB_IMG_1604780571846.jpg

Awesome advert mate- the Yanks have always loved a body kit to be fair - I wonder what the alloys are in the picture.  

My Zender kit is missing the fixing kit- is it just a case of some tiger seal you reckon to house them. 

Edited by Keyo

Went to Gilkes Cafe Kineton today with my old stubborn mate Robin in his 60s from Stealth in his aqua blue VR - he didnt let me down when he cut up a new 180 K Aston Martin into a parking space followed by a Ferrari owner saying out loud that was naughty ha ha - oh my cant take him anywhere. 

The Volkswizard (youtube channel)  turned up and I was showing him round my VR- he was in a MK7 Club sport S - was a a smart car and only 150 made in RHD he reckons - what a bloody investment and fun car that is- looks the business . He looked a bit bewildered looking at my Rado and im pretty sure he didn't even know some of the parts existed- he let me know he had purchased a Green Rado VR6 with cream Leather  - 

Low and behold finally Mike Brewer turned up in a Porsche Taycan to charge it up at Gilkes plug in charger - apparently his local - I reframed from the can I have a photo mate as it was his day off . 

The food is great and cheap. 

I was very lazy with the camera but one of the staff was taking photos of the cars so they may post up on their Facebook page.

One car that caught my eye was a dark blue E46 330i convertible- these can be had for peanuts and are beautiful car.   

https://www.facebook.com/gilksgaragecafe

Edited by Keyo

Sounds like you had a proper good outing there. Looking forward to meeting up there someday.

4 minutes ago, MJA said:

Sounds like you had a proper good outing there. Looking forward to meeting up there someday.

Yes mate that would be good- just making it a priority now to start enjoying the car and using her . 

Ditto mate although I'd need to turn mine into a hovercraft in its current state. Im defo up for meeting up at Gilks though so let's get something arranged and i can use it as a motivate to get the car sorted. .7 weeks off the road so far but has felt like longer as I never put the car fully back together post respray.

2 minutes ago, MJA said:

Ditto mate although I'd need to turn mine into a hovercraft in its current state. Im defo up for meeting up at Gilks though so let's get something arranged and i can use it as a motivate to get the car sorted. .7 weeks off the road so far but has felt like longer as I never put the car fully back together post respray.

Put a date forward and I will be there and Im sure Goldfinger will be as well as not far away. 

41 minutes ago, MJA said:

August Bank Holiday weekend?

Yes chap should be free - have not booked any holidays this year because of covid. 

On 5/11/2021 at 4:37 PM, Keyo said:

Awesome advert mate- the Yanks have always loved a body kit to be fair - I wonder what the alloys are in the picture.  

My Zender kit is missing the fixing kit- is it just a case of some tiger seal you reckon to house them. 

hi m8 - i used tiger seal to reattach the Kamei door inserts on the 16v & taped them in place for 24 hours, they are holding nicely