Keyo

Black magic returns home

I thought mine would be well past looking good when I sent them off to bigg red so it was a bit of a gamble, but I can vouch for them being magicians with the process, they looked stonking afterwards! Worth noting that a lot of the calipers from the likes of ECP, GSF and Autodoc are either refurbished OE or aftermarket - read the small print, it'll say if the specific manufacturer isn't in stock (which an awful lot of the time unless a newer car is the case) you will receive an equivalent part.

54 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I thought mine would be well past looking good when I sent them off to bigg red so it was a bit of a gamble, but I can vouch for them being magicians with the process, they looked stonking afterwards! Worth noting that a lot of the calipers from the likes of ECP, GSF and Autodoc are either refurbished OE or aftermarket - read the small print, it'll say if the specific manufacturer isn't in stock (which an awful lot of the time unless a newer car is the case) you will receive an equivalent part.

I have sent mine off to Bigg Redd- I was very impressed with their ability to answer a phone and with a good attitude so got my business. Also said can you give me some of the brake pad springs and he said of course. Now we are out of the EU I keep trying to remind myself buy British. 

Edited by Keyo

Result, a great attitude is always best for your business and they will come back looking Mint 

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

I have sent mine off to Bigg Redd- I was very impressed with their ability to answer a phone and with a good attitude so got my business. Also said can you give me some of the brake pad springs and he said of course. Now we are out of the EU I keep trying to remind myself buy British. 

If mine are anything to go by you’ll not be disappointed, look forward to seeing them behind those VWMS rims 👍

18 minutes ago, tonedef said:

If mine are anything to go by you’ll not be disappointed, look forward to seeing them behind those VWMS rims 👍

Thanks Tony, 

The only crusty bit left on my car (ok not really including the ABS Unit )is the hubs - they look so crusty its gross so wire wheeled these spare vr hubs/ krust then black caliper heat paint . got a hub and bearing kit- after removing the old abs sensors in the spare hubs I purchased 2 new Bosch ones as they just fell apart - were reasonable at £15.00 a side compared to vags £70 - £80 a side. Of course left the old bearings in for Vince to pull out ha. The hub and abs sensor ring was very good value. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333927009215

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182417100081

92959743-3EFA-42E0-9603-4AB7462B2619.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Looking forward to getting these on the valver . 

x4 Michelin pilot sports for £270 went for 195 50 15 - great price for my favourite brand tyre . Only 1 weight on alloy for balancing - very straight for  30 year old alloys . 

6ACF2C6D-9DA6-4D0B-A565-A4CA67E10A85.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

I absolutely love the Sebrings, perhaps because of the Rallye.

Post a pic when you have them on please

3 minutes ago, Cressa said:

I absolutely love the Sebrings, perhaps because of the Rallye.

Post a pic when you have them on please

Will do mate have spacers on the car and 30 mm drop so will sit handsomely I hope. 

Have you coated the alloys with any wheel wax ready for fitting. I use the Gtechnic product and they are good

20 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Have you coated the alloys with any wheel wax ready for fitting. I use the Gtechnic product and they are good

how do you find that when cleaning after the application?

ive been looking at this for the modena's once they are complete - Carbon Collective | Platinum Wheels Ceramic Coating

it was recommended by the place im looking to get the split rim bolts from; SRR Hardware

1 hour ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

how do you find that when cleaning after the application?

ive been looking at this for the modena's once they are complete - Carbon Collective | Platinum Wheels Ceramic Coating

it was recommended by the place im looking to get the split rim bolts from; SRR Hardware

I think there is some voodoo witchcraft involved in this stuff. How the hell it works when you wipe it on then buff it off,  but it does.  I did the paint on my Car and the water beading is amazing. 

I cleaned the car the other day and the brake dust doesnt seem to be allowed to stick to the wheels. Any alloys I get now gets the treatment,  it just makes my life easier 👍

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

I think there is some voodoo witchcraft involved in this stuff. How the hell it works when you wipe it on then buff it off,  but it does.  I did the paint on my Car and the water beading is amazing. 

I cleaned the car the other day and the brake dust doesnt seem to be allowed to stick to the wheels. Any alloys I get now gets the treatment,  it just makes my life easier 👍

cool thanks for the info m8

Looks amazing! Sebring are my favourite wheels on a MK2 and Michelin tyres are top, great combo mate! 

Bit of  colour coding today - rich in flake is Black Magic . Halfords Vw black Pearl matched well and undercoat plastic primer finished of with lacquer. Plenty of practice im getting ok with a rattle can . 

68659328-550D-4882-9C65-7A8E08DE96C0.jpeg

1D658C11-E965-438E-B55B-EF7BF96B55B0.jpeg

8A2F083D-022C-4868-A602-CADA49D967E0.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

23 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Bit of  colour coding today - rich in flake is Black Magic . Halfords Vw black Pearl matched well and undercoat plastic primer finished of with lacquer. Plenty of practice im getting ok with a rattle can . 

That looks good, think I might have a go at my old one and see how it goes. The early cars had them colour matched and I preferred that to the chrome.

38 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I did that to my MK2 twenty odd years ago, stole the idea from B3 Passat, looks so much cleaner

From what I can see the early corrado came colour matched on script badge - you can only buy repo silver badges that are I cant think of the name has the matt glazed effect- so best thing to do is colour match the black matt oe badges that you can still buy from VW.  

Im not that patient so im like. 

3m alcohol body panel clean product. 

1 hour for primer to dry x 2 light coats

Top coat x 3 10 minutes each coat apart

Laquer 10 minutes later x 3 coats 10 minutes apart.

All above light coats and only sprayed in sunny weather 20 degrees plus (not over 25 ) for good cure. Each coat touch dry before next application. 

I could wet sand the lacquer on the script but its a good enough finish as it is for me . 

Edited by Keyo

2 minutes ago, Dox said:

f967e0c8fdae18a7588b511d054e03e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you any Mk2 parts knocking about Dox I like them 16 v lights ha.  There is a project 16 v mk2 down south looks very complete- good for someone for 3 k - is a 3dr - black and rainbow big bumper. Very honest car and complete. 176k on clock  with original block. 

Edited by Keyo

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Have you any Mk2 parts knocking about Dox I like them 16 v light ha.  There is a project 16 v mk2 down south looks very complete- good but for soemone for 3 k - is a 3dr - black and rainbow. Very hionest car and complete. 

When mum passed away I went through my hoard I'd left there and eBayed loads of stuff, nothing left

Just now, Dox said:

When mum passed away I went through my hoard I'd left there and eBayed loads of stuff, nothing left

They are very sort after now the factory tinted 16 v lights - look good on a white car. 

Just now, Keyo said:

They are very sort after now the factory tinted 16 v lights - look good on a white car. 

I was lucky and found them in a scrapyard - Car Transplants, they were fitted to a car with the roof cut off by the fire brigade, they'd also cut the headrests off to extract the driver - I took them to the counter and they gave the head rests to me, when I got them home there was flesh, blood, hair etc on them... Stripped off the covers and dunked them in a bucket of hot water and washing powder. Went to a local cheap scrap yard and picked up a set of polo rests and fitted the covers to those. Got the rear seat bracket kit from VW and fitted them to the rears. Top tints were £25