Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Anyone else love these Mk2 with the bbs body kit and pinstripes. 

rad500.jpg

That looks stunning.  What was the white Jetta version that had stripes and a bodykit

39 minutes ago, Cressa said:

That looks stunning.  What was the white Jetta version that had stripes and a bodykit

Im not sure mate it might actually be the same kit- I have seen it mentioned that some cars came from the factory with a BBS kit on special order- not sure if there is any truth to this. Would be a great project to get a standard low miler shell been tucked away in a grannies garage and then do an engine swap and fit the BBS kit.  There is one for sale in Stoke has 9k on the windscreen but 15k on the website , not sure if its a BBS kit but looks good- bit pricey for my liking. 

https://www.signaturecarsstaffordshire.co.uk/used/volkswagen/golf-gti/-/aetv63639420/

Has what looks like some BBR RS as well or might be reps. Only looks like an 8vavler so they are asking silly money for it. 

Edited by Keyo

12 hours ago, Cressa said:

Jetta gt. Rare

But has a boot, so no thankyou

Screenshot_20201026-204733_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201026-204948_Google.jpg

Wow that is some motor !

Not really. It’s a taxi with an 8v GTI engine surely, with some added cosmetics.

Now if it had a 16v G60 or VR in there, then maybe - or 4WD.

53 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Not really. It’s a taxi with an 8v GTI engine surely, with some added cosmetics.

Now if it had a 16v G60 or VR in there, then maybe - or 4WD.

Anything with a 16v G60 is impressive.  Loving  the taxi bit 😂🤣

Seriously though, over here in Dublin there was at least a decade where every single taxi was a Jetta or a Vento. Then supplanted by the Octavia.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Keyo said:

These Mk1 golfs manufactured in till 2009 in the South African factory have always intrigued me. When the MK2 was released the VW factory decided it was too expensive to buy new tooling and carried on manufacturing the MK1 but changed the name to the MK1 Golf Citi- in the South African market . Really like the 1.8 citi R line which with a 1.8 - body kit and half leathers  rare but made a more common 1.8 . I think it would be fun to import one - they are very common S. Africa and have modern interiors etc from factory. They have four headlights at the front etc and are basically a modern MK1. 

Wiki description link below. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Citi_Golf

cit3.jpg

citi4.jpg

citi6.jpg

citi5.jpg

citi7.jpg

Hello Keyo,

Just to let you know a citi golf has appeared on ebay vw classic cars - ultra low mileage personal import not an r though i believe

Edited by ger040

5 hours ago, ger040 said:

Hello Keyo,

Just to let you know a citi golf has appeared on ebay vw classic cars - ultra low mileage personal import not an r though i believe

Thanks Geri Ill take a look at that . 

Damn I do love the Rallye. What a project, wish my bodywork skills were better than they are 

Cool that you can still buy the whole side panels for them and looks like the outer sill is actually part of the side panel. Looking at the price of 15k probably wont be shy off a 15k project so would be better off getting a well sorted one at 20 k , 

11 hours ago, Keyo said:

Geri is this your old Rallye in Ireland ? 

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1206983

no mine was tornado red and carried the plate G834 YNF.

Agree with you buy a sorted one or one from lower France and Spain seen a few on the web for around 20k

i will guarantee that that rust will have gone further than you think

Lets see how the vag classics are doing stateside - seemingly its becoming ever popular to import euro classics older than 25 years as per USA tax laws. From what I have seen its very hard to get an unmolested model out there. 

MK2 16V somewhat modded and not a great example to be honest but apparently they never come on the market. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-volkswagen-golf-gti-16v-2/

No Corrado on there at the moment but will post one if becomes live on bring a trailer. 

Here are a couple examples of MK2 on classic classifieds. But they are offering to bring from Holland as that thin on the ground. 

https://classiccars.com/listings/find/1983-1991/volkswagen/golf

Unfortunately again no examples of the Corrado. on the website. Must be hard to get one. 

Edited by Keyo

7 hours ago, Keyo said:

Lets see how the vag classics are doing stateside - seemingly its becoming ever popular to import euro classics older the 25 years as per USA tax laws. From what I have seen its very hard to get an unmolested model out there. 

MK2 16V somewhat modded and not a great example to be honest but apparently they never come on the market. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-volkswagen-golf-gti-16v-2/

No Corrado on there at the moment but will post one if becomes live on bring a trailer. 

Here are a couple examples of MK2 on classic classifieds. But they are offering to bring from Holland as that thin on the ground. 

https://classiccars.com/listings/find/1983-1991/volkswagen/golf

Unfortunately again no examples of the Corrado. on the website. Must be hard to get one. 

The mk2 golf i would say was pretty rare in the USA as they were the opposite to us and they chose the Jetta saloon over the golf hatchback

Very true that is - where  as here I nearly forgot a Jetta gti existed . I read somewhere a couple years back that they USA market has doubled the the value of a alfa romeo integrale through shipping them over to the USA.

Edited by Keyo

22 hours ago, Keyo said:

Very true that is - where  as here I nearly forgot a Jetta gti existed . I read somewhere a couple years back that they USA market has doubled the the value of a alfa romeo integrale through shipping them over to the USA.

Alfa romeo integrale ?? Never seen one of those!!

2 minutes ago, ger040 said:

Alfa romeo integrale ?? Never seen one of those!!

Whoops slip of the tongue meant Lancia have been watching lots of Alfa videos lately on youtube. 

10 hours ago, Keyo said:

Whoops slip of the tongue meant Lancia have been watching lots of Alfa videos lately on youtube. 

Itilia autos with andy by any chance or the guy from south africa who has one of the best workshops you will ever see and the sun always shines

1 hour ago, ger040 said:

Itilia autos with andy by any chance or the guy from south africa who has one of the best workshops you will ever see and the sun always shines

Not seen the S. African guy but yes Italia Auto his only about 10 miles from me. I like the six cylinder burble of them and also love the ribbed sports seats and the quirky design features. 

However never purchased one due to reliability issues and rotten subframes. I think Italia auto  mechanic breaks the cars  with little wrong with them and also a bit of a chancer in the paint booth to be honest but his price reflects this- I was cringing when he did not remove the bonnet decal and locks for paint. 

Oh my last mot 2009 and dont even come with the logbook - dealt it will go for much more. Look how wet that floor is bet it is rotten to the core. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barn-find-restoration-project-volkswagen-corrado-G60-supercharged/203233067214?pageci=a62aebf0-776c-4462-99c9-f72fa66b38a3&fbclid=IwAR0ifTQqAphVr47pNxMNi7l_xXVKoQtqhesMQGC3hMLAGvMb3ZH3rlTbLTo

Edited by Keyo

20 hours ago, Keyo said:

Oh my last mot 2009 and dont even come with the logbook - dealt it will go for much more. Look how wet that floor is bet it is rotten to the core. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barn-find-restoration-project-volkswagen-corrado-G60-supercharged/203233067214?pageci=a62aebf0-776c-4462-99c9-f72fa66b38a3&fbclid=IwAR0ifTQqAphVr47pNxMNi7l_xXVKoQtqhesMQGC3hMLAGvMb3ZH3rlTbLTo

Been looking at that car on ebay myself - curious to see what it goes for 

You will need to see that car in the flesh before bidding as it could be an absolute rot box as you say keyo

No idea of mileage , early vr6 seats also 

24 minutes ago, ger040 said:

Been looking at that car on ebay myself - curious to see what it goes for 

You will need to see that car in the flesh before bidding as it could be an absolute rot box as you say keyo

No idea of mileage , early vr6 seats also 

132.5k Miles in 2009 and hasn’t had a mot since that ran out in 2010.

Makes you wonder why it ended up in bits in a lock up for 10 years. Looks like it was loved just prior.  

19 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

132.5k Miles in 2009 and hasn’t had a mot since that ran out in 2010.

Makes you wonder why it ended up in bits in a lock up for 10 years. Looks like it was loved just prior.  

It does- looks to me like it might have all ready been the start of a breakers car - that water sitting on the concrete would evaporate up through the floor pan- i hope the buyer is Freddy Flintstone. The charger is worth good money but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the causes of the car been left was that the supercharger has grenaded(does say removed from engine bay)- even for a breakers car early parts are just not worth as much and seriously £1200 is the max I would give for a car to break - time is money breaking and so is collection on trailer . Also you would really want a leather interior and late fogs and lights to recoup your money sharpish.  I have broke one car that was rotted but it was to keep the hard to find parts fogs- lights etc - I wouldn't really be looking to do it again as could earn more doing my own trade then breaking. 

Edited by Keyo