robrado974

Fuel line from the filter to the bulk head.

Rob just a thought - I'm thinking of replacing both feed and return lines with some good quality fuel hose - obviously it would need new clips to secure where the existing lines run. Basically thought about it when i had to repair the low pressure return line bend.

Not a bad idea Hasan . Do you think it would stand up to stones hitting it though?. I really wanted to slide the Oem line though in place of the damaged one and be done with it .

Not a bad idea Hasan . Do you think it would stand up to stones hitting it though?. I really wanted to slide the Oem line though in place of the damaged one and be done with it .

AMOS will have some in Derby mate but your better off going down there as his busy as hell and take a while to post them, or phone up Vince from Stealth I'm sure he will have a solution.

Also might be worth looking at other VR6 models like the Passat to see if ones can be still sourced and may be able to modify.

AMOS will have some in Derby mate but your better off going down there as his busy as hell and take a while to post them, or phone up Vince from Stealth I'm sure he will have a solution.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t fancy a trip to derby from Devon though lol . I’m hoping someone will have one they can post , maybe Martin or Chris . It’s worth giving vince a shout too .

It'll be the black one I guess as the blue is the return line.

Rob- I hear what you say, standard is often best and certainly the least hassle! But as you suggest, I'll look into it, might be worth considering a steel braided line.

What do modern cars have?

Can you not cut out the damaged piece and use a compression fitting of some sort? Local garage will have something?

Got you mate that is a right trek and a half, its about 50 minutes away from me , if I was planning a trip there I would of grabbed you one bud for sure. We need a local off here to start grabbing a few parts and make it their worth while .

It'll be the black one I guess as the blue is the return line.

Rob- I hear what you say, standard is often best and certainly the least hassle! But as you suggest, I'll look into it, might be worth considering a steel braided line.

What do modern cars have?

It’s worth considering mate. I don’t know what modern cars use though.

Can you not cut out the damaged piece and use a compression fitting of some sort? Local garage will have something?

I will look into this Dox . I will have to measure the size needed, unless someone already knows .

Think seller might be a corrado forum member user Tone so mention you are a member on here fellow.

Nice one Hasan thank you. That’s what I was thinking. The trouble is if lost some of the plastic too, where I had to cut the kink out. My thinking was , yes I can find an insert but now I’ve got very little to hold on to while trying to push the rubber hose on . Luckily for me Martin has sent me the black pipe I need. What I’m proposing to do is fit the rubber hose first, then feed the plastic pipe down through the bulk head. I’m hoping it will slide down without hitting any snags. I also need to find a bung to fit in the filter end to stop the fuel coming out when I remove the pipe. In hindsight I would have kept the bungs that come with the new filter, but never mind.