Pc80

Corrado as a Daily

Sadly not! There weren't many VR6 parts left in my Corrado after I'd finished with it :lol:

Is Schimmel Performance still around? If so, they still do the 263 cams and other tasty VR6 bits. I liked their oil filter housing, which had 3 or 4 ports for sensors and ditched the annoying cartridge filter in favour of a cheaper, more convenient spin on job.

Are R32 parts now becoming thin on the ground like the Corrado , can you nick a lot parts of the Audi TT ? I actually nearly sold my Rado last week but pulled out of it because I was getting fed up with the cost of sourcing parts but decided to stay with her, totally agree with you they have come to an age when they need to be preserved. I have a Golf Mk2 16V its a joy to own parts are in an abundance, wings £60 new, bonnet £88 new a pure joy ha !

Edited by Keyo

Ha ha - I'd say he only has some traces of the unicorn droppings on the floor left at this stage.

I bet he has VSR under his bed for a rainy day, more appreciation then a Rolex.

Another nightmare are the motorways, HGV numbers have gone up by 60 % since the boom of internet shopping, why oh why they didnt use the infrastructure of the old railways lines in the last 20 years or so to build the supermarkets etc is beyond me, and now they have shut the emergency lane in my city on the motorways with this crappy smart motorway system, so many people are going to be in fatal collisions with HGv when they brake down in the slow lane and there is now layby to rest in. Horrific planning from central government, for christ sake I use do scaffolding in the old rover works and they even had their own railway that loaded the cars, we have gone backwards.

Yep. They've just built a humungous warehouse that the yocals call 'The sugar cube' here in Ipswich, which has totally ruined the valley views from my back yard :censored: It's basically a delivery hub for Amazon and all the stuff that comes off the boats at Felixstowe port. Guess what is right behind said warehouse? A huge freight train hub. Do they use it? Do they feck!

The whole town is totally jammed up all day, every day with unmarked white vans, HGVs and light trucks delivering Asos and Amazon shat! And of course, the traffic is further worsened by said drivers having to collect 100s of Asos returns from post offices! My missus is guilty of that. She orders about 5 sizes of the same garment, just in case, and sends back the ones that don't fit, ffs :lol:

The internet and computer software are ruining us as a species. The sheer volume of displaced employees taken over by machine learning is going to be a massive problem in the next decade or two. I'm glad I'll be dead before the planet really hits rock bottom :lol:

Are R32 parts now becoming thin on the ground like the Corrado , can you nick a lot parts of the Audi TT ? I actually nearly sold my Rado last week but pulled out of it because I was getting fed up with the cost of sourcing parts but decided to stay with her, totally agree with you they have come to an age when they need to be preserved. I have a Golf Mk2 16V its a joy to own parts are in an abundance, wings £60 new, bonnet £88 new a pure joy ha !

Yeah you can pilfer from MK4, MK5, MK1 and MK2 TT and also the Cayenne 3.2 V6. In fact, the intake manifold from the Cayenne is better suited to conversions as the throttle is on the same side as the Corrado's :thumbleft:

The MK2 always did enjoy parts availability! I think VW can't wait for the day when every single Corrado spare part has banished from existence!

Yeah you can pilfer from MK4, MK5, MK1 and MK2 TT and also the Cayenne 3.2 V6. In fact, the intake manifold from the Cayenne is better suited to conversions as the throttle is on the same side as the Corrado's :thumbleft:

The MK2 always did enjoy parts availability! I think VW can't wait for the day when every single Corrado spare part has banished from existence!

When you see the part number starting with 535 you know VW are going to get their rebate back on low sale numbers of Rados from factory.

Ha ha - 535-$$$$-£££££-€€€€€ is how it shows up on their ETKA screen - that is, if it's not deleted in 1998 or NLA.

535, wow, the nostalgia! Every time I went to the dealer, it was a lottery of 'on back order', 'obsolete' or '£500 + VAT'.

I think we've had this discussion before, but car makers are only obliged to keep spares available for each model, for 10 years. But some brands actually give a damn about their heritage and fan base.....such as BMW. You can still get a lot of parts for ancient old E30s!

The Corrado was a complete flop for VW and therefore they've washed their hands with it, which is a shame as it's the best looking car they ever made, by a LOOOOOOONG way. Someone needs to kick the management board's arse and tell them to get over themselves and acknowledge it for the great car it was, and make a MK2 Corrado.

535, wow, the nostalgia! Every time I went to the dealer, it was a lottery of 'on back order', 'obsolete' or '£500 + VAT'.

I think we've had this discussion before, but car makers are only obliged to keep spares available for each model, for 10 years. But some brands actually give a damn about their heritage and fan base.....such as BMW. You can still get a lot of parts for ancient old E30s!

The Corrado was a complete flop for VW and therefore they've washed their hands with it, which is a shame as it's the best looking car they ever made, by a LOOOOOOONG way. Someone needs to kick the management board's arse and tell them to get over themselves and acknowledge it for the great car it was, and make a MK2 Corrado.

E30 are great for parts. did consider a lovely red 1.8 IS not to long back, the seller had spent a fortune on it and also the car had a real cool check interior .

Mk2 Corrado would be great but you would just hope to god it would have some retro throw back designs to the original MK1. not a big fan of the Scirroco at present , sort of looks like a Golf with a nappy on, sorry if that offends anyone just my opinion.

Edited by Keyo