Fanjita

1993 Burgundy Corrado R32 (290bhp)

***SOLD***

R32 1993 Dark Pearl Burgundy Corrado - £3500 ono

With regret, I need to pass my beloved car onto a new owner. It's a fantastic drive, and has been extremely fun in the last few months on the occasion I've chosen to take it for a spin.

Vehicle Mileage: 188,000

Engine Mileage: ~25,000 (Seller of engine claimed 10k, no reason to disbelieve this, 15k covered since)

Engine

MKV R32 3.2l 24v VR6 - Remapped by Vince at Stealth Racing to 290.8 BHP!!

BMC CDA intake

Poly front engine mount

Dubpower 6 branch stainless manifold

Magnex (standard VR6) exhaust

New parts including MAF, Lambdas, Radiator, ECU, Throttle Pedal

Suspension & Drivetrain

288mm Brake upgrade

MKIV Rear Calipers

KW V2 Suspension

Upgraded control arm bushes (R32 golf)

All subframe & drivetrain components replaced over the last 3 years, including wheel bearings, brake discs/pads, suspension bushes, rear beam bushes and complete brake overhaul, handbrake cables.

Body & Exterior

Restoration work on boot around windscreen, number plate surround, both wings, sills (done in 2014)

Inpro lights all round, not to everyone's taste and unfortunately do not have any standard parts (bought from previous owner this way)

Upgraded headlight loom

Black BBS RC 17" wrapped in Toyo T1Rs (genuine wheels)

Spoiler has been serviced and works.

Sunroof hasn't been serviced but still works!

Interior

Momo steering wheel

JVC stereo

Used as a daily by me for a number of years both before and after the new engine. Had a lot of love and care over the years, with all work completed to a high standard by myself or others

I took it off the road from September 2015 until November 2018. Since November, it's regained an MOT and has been used on weekends and evenings and when not in use it's garaged.

Whilst I've been using it these last few months, I've had various things done including;

New Battery, Alternator and starter motor (all bosch/varta)

New front offside outer CV

New clutch slave cylinder

(in the last 3 months alone, it's had around £1300 spent on it!)

Negatives

The windscreen has a crack on both sides. It's not in a position to cause a failed MOT, but it will need replacing.

There are two areas of rust that will need sorting;

One spot is on the inside of the A-Pillar approximately 1 or two inches, it had always been my intention to get the windscreen replaced and fix this rust at the same time.

Underneath and adjacent to the rear badge are two spots bubbling, approximately the size of a 20p piece each.

Rust wise, this is pretty much it. There is none in the usual other places, like under the filler cap, wings and sills. These have already been restored around 4 years ago to a high standard.

Reason for sale: This needs to go on to someone who has the time to make it perfect. I have put a lot of time and money into this car, but want to hang up the hat. It is a fantastic car and I will miss it greatly, it will give the new owner a great amount of enjoyment.

£3500 ono

Located in Leicester. Contact me on here or by email: [email protected] with any questions!

Recent video of it running:

[video=youtube_share;5dFu_Dt0SzY]

48722348748_4097dcf383_o.jpg20190625_171849 by Fanjita2009, on Flickr

48722685881_0ab1149173_o.jpg20190326_135711 by Fanjita2009, on Flickr

48722857992_9f6cced2ee_o.jpg20190326_135757 by Fanjita2009, on Flickr

48722347123_5666bbabcf_o.jpg20190815_122551 by Fanjita2009, on Flickr

Build thread below

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=43612

Edited by Fanjita
Car Sold

Not surprised it sold that quick, you couldn't even pay someone to do the conversion for less than that.

Not surprised it sold that quick, you couldn't even pay someone to do the conversion for less than that.

My thoughts exactly!

Yes, he pm'd me the other day. I'll let him introduce himself, seems to have been a member for a while

Hi All,

As swiftkid mentioned, I purchased this, will be starting a thread when I get a chance, only driven a few times since purchase as it seems to have got the dreaded pedal problem, was driving and no response from pedal.. need to get it on vagcom. I have a replacement pedal already and have taken the ECU out, checked for water ingress and it seems fine.. may need to source another BUB ECU, but seems weird this has had the same problem a few times before. I did speak to SWICT for any wiring conversion diagrams however they couldn't provide.

Things I will be doing (or in the process of):

6speed conversion (already have the gearbox)

Wavetrac diff (already purchased)

New discs and pads all round (brembo and ds2500 already purchased )

Will be getting new tyres

Sourcing rear polo stub axles with the stronger rear bearing...

Hesitation at 2k rpm I'm not happy with, will be going to Eddie (aka toyotec) who will be entrusted to sort map out

I would like recaros of some sort

General tidy up of engine and inspect/ clean/ refurb parts

Rear standard lights have been sourced and put back

Front inpro will be up for sale soon, I have sourced original front lights which will go back on..

Need to sort out alittle rust by the a pillar near windscreen and source and fit a new screen (if anyone has

Need to source a 90mm front splitter

Bonnet and wing will be repainted to match condition of rest of car..

Had lots of people comment on it and offer to buy whilst it has been out 🙂

Sorry to change the subject but does any of the members own a R36 conversion on here, surely that is the holy grail of engine swaps for the corrado ?